Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default first one i built sits under my 71 Z28 camaro 5.67 gears mark williams hog head

40 spline mark williams axles, 4 link,MW aluminum center section,wilwood brakes....

Badd00SS: thanks for the reply. i understand all the adjusting stuff and torque caricaturist's. but i meant the four bars being closer together at the frame and wider at the rear end.(i need to stop typing so late at night i don't know what i meant the next day.LOL)
    (my neighbor is putting a four link in his car and i told him i'd weld it for him but the links taper and i just want to know if thats ok?)
    sorry for tread jumping.
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2

I believe there are a few different ways to do it.. If your upper and lower links are in parallel (per side) they don't do anything to locate the axle side to side, and you will need a panhard bar, or a scissors link.

Alternately, take a look at the bottom of page 2 and then page three on this link:

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...surements.html

By having typically the upper links wide at the frame, and narrow at the axle, and then the lower links wide at the axle, and narrow at the frame, you get the lateral positioning of the axle fixed without needing a panhard bar or scissors link.

While we are messing with suspension geometries, anybody have a link to how to reduce the amount of anti Ackerman in a 05 F150? I'm getting fed up with never having edges on the tires, squealing while driving slowly around parking garages, and wouldn't mind it handling much more neutrally..

Quote Originally Posted by vin-man welding View Post
    Badd00SS: thanks for the reply. i understand all the adjusting stuff and torque caricaturist's. but i meant the four bars being closer together at the frame and wider at the rear end.(i need to stop typing so late at night i don't know what i meant the next day.LOL)
    (my neighbor is putting a four link in his car and i told him i'd weld it for him but the links taper and i just want to know if thats ok?)
    sorry for tread jumping.

They should be parrellel in that dimension, if I am reading correctly. To keep the rear centered, you use either a Panhard rod, or wishbone usually. Watts link if you really go crazy, I just have a panhard rod.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)