Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Rig Bed for Sale!! Fits Dodge Dually

Completely custom rig bed built for 2002 dodge dually by Texas Haulers. A WELDERS DREAM! Custom everything, boxes, paint, drop down deck for welder/generator, build-in bottle racks, headache rack, LED lights-super trick. Only in operation for 2 months before owner purchased new truck. Original price was 13k, but looking to sell for 9,000 OBO.

Fits 2002 dodge dually and earlier models. Deck bed and boxes sprayed with linex-type material. Also outfitted to pull a fifth wheel. If you interested in viewing more pictures, please feel free to respond. $9000 or OBO

Email me for pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fixsrigwelding@yahoo.com; 04-20-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Adding those Pics!

this thread is worthless without pictures.
    Miller Pipepro 304
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Lincoln HD 175
    Victor Jr. torch
    Purox angle head torch
    Smith torch
    Atlas Lathe
    Bridgeport mill

You need to post some pictures of the deck. Makes it easier for everyone to see

Let's see it man.
    Miller 225 -Rip Miller 302 -Miller 135 Mig
    Lincoln 200 Mig 1990 SA 200
    Hypertherm 600 Plasma - Plasma Cam Cutting Table
    Makita Cold Saw And a John Deere 4030 for my right hand man. JL Welding tx.com

Quote Originally Posted by sae350 View Post
    If you are a rig welder and spend 13k on a deck that has about $1500 worth of steel in it, your wacked in the head.
    No kiddin! Plus, there wouldn't be the satisfaction of a job well done either. It is a nice bed, but don't think it's worth it to buy for 9K...

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

I bought my bed from Texas Haulers. Payed $8625 for it. Mine is pretty basic compared to fixsrigwelding though. I thought I came out pretty good on it. Yeah their is only about $1,500 to 2k in metal but thats only the start of it. Their is latches,locks, gas springs,fenders,mud flaps, goose neck ball, welding rods, fuel, lights, paint. It would have take'n me at least 3 weeks to make anything close to what they built. That whole time I was at work making money not at home workin on a bed.You figure 9k minus 3 paychecks equals $1500 for a really nice bed. It only took 2 days to install the bed and swap my machine and tools. Just something to consider.

I do think their is a lot to be said for someone who does build their own bed.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

If you are a rig welder and spend 13k on a deck that has about $1500 worth of steel in it, your wacked in the head.
    No, that is immature and incorrect.

Default Professionalism?

It's a shame that you can't appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this bed. Texas Haulers did a fantastic job in making every detail of this as specified for my company and my equipment. My mistake for thinking that this was a website made up solely of professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Coalsmoke View Post
    No, that is immature and incorrect.
    Thanks Coalsmoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Rig Hand View Post
    I bought my bed from Texas Haulers. Payed $8625 for it. Mine is pretty basic compared to fixsrigwelding though. I thought I came out pretty good on it. Yeah their is only about $1,500 to 2k in metal but thats only the start of it. Their is latches,locks, gas springs,fenders,mud flaps, goose neck ball, welding rods, fuel, lights, paint. It would have take'n me at least 3 weeks to make anything close to what they built. That whole time I was at work making money not at home workin on a bed.You figure 9k minus 3 paychecks equals $1500 for a really nice bed. It only took 2 days to install the bed and swap my machine and tools. Just something to consider.

I do think their is a lot to be said for someone who does build their own bed.
    THanks for your imput. You are correct, I would have liked to make my own custom bed, but sadly, the amount of money I would have lost, sittin at home fabin' a bed instead of pipe-lining would not have made sense.