Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

bert, that is the world that we live in today. everybody trying to make a buck off from nothing. it pi**es me off to no end as well. i have done alot of contract work to this facility in the past and they always sign a release waiver for me, others i dont know about. anyways they've always been good to me
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

All good, as long as your a$$ is covered! Be intresting to see since I'm so new at this, that you get all your materials covered and labor planned out right! Good luck and God Bless
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

thanks, i appreciate everybodies help on this one...i have been told that i have gotten the bid...SWEET...the bid went in at 58,000 bucks. i might not bee able to do much posting on this sight after i get started...lol see all later.... i will take before, during, and, after pics and post as i get time...i might have to quit my full time job for a while...
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

just kidding, i cant afford to quit my job...lol
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Cool Congratulations welder_one

Good luck. if you need any more help you know where we are.

Congrats Welder_One!!!
    Looking forward to LOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSS of pics!
    I'm not late...

Not trying to rain on your parade, but at $58,000 that works out to about $12 per foot. Just seems too cheap to me for your time and material.

Snackers,
    Welcome to the board Don't worry, he's fast!!! He'll put up 10' /hr, so that'll be $120/hr!!! Well, with welding time, labor help and all that, I'm sure he's got if figured out. This is going to be good! I'm going to learn a LOT on this project!!!
    I'm not late...

Cool Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by snackers View Post
    Not trying to rain on your parade, but at $58,000 that works out to about $12 per foot. Just seems too cheap to me for your time and material.

I'm sure he has a claws in his signed contract about incidentals and cost over runs and changing plans part or half way through the job.Even add ons are subject to a re-quotation on the current job.I trust he knows what he is doing.He said that he has done work for this place before.So I don't think he will have a problem.But then???

here it is, i found matls at 60 cents/foot on the square tube and 12 cents/foot on the square stock, after ordering all that i need plus 15% it came out to 9,000 bucks, roughly. sandblast and powder coat will be done by a local shop under contract for $3,000. $1,000 for consumables(wire, rods, band saw blades, etc...)$1,000 for fuel for haul and engine drives. $2,500 for the general contractor to do the concrete work. $500 for latches and springs. and roughly $12,000 for help. i will be doing gang cuts with a band saw to up production and keep a clean cut. i have a 7 x 22 foot table and i will make a fixture to "stack pieces in and weld 'em up". i can and will do most of this by myself. the only help i will need is when removing sections of the old rail, and aligning up the new ones. correct me if i am wrong, but that leaves about 20,000 to profit and 10,000 to play with. it may be cheap as was posted earlier, but that is not a bad click for a little side job. and yes i do have a clause for change of design and add-ons, and what not. i have a lawyer friend that helps me out a bunch with contracts. the steel will make a showing next friday. they will deliver to me, same as the lws.
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com