Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

HMW,

Just for clarification, when I said drive side pully, I was referring to the pulley closest to the drive wheel, not the motor pulley. Reducing the size of the pulley at the motor would have the same effect, but that's generally a pretty small pulley to begin with. Hope this clears things up a little.

For aluminum, don't think I'd go with a blade with less than 10-12 TPI. Bi-metal blades are your best choice.

As has been mentioned, I use a cheap ($40 Skil) skilsaw with a 24T carbide blade for cutting aluminum sheet. Works as well or better than plasma and the edges do not require additional prep as is often the case w/plasma.

Just mentioning a couple of things that have worked for me.

SundownIII

I kinda figured thats what you meant. Drive wheels or driven wheels or pulleys sometime gets confusing. I can't believe how well that circular saw worked on the 1/8" aluminum. Very nice. I think I will try another 14TPI band saw blade and use wax or wd40 with it just to try. It did cut very well dry but didn't last to long. The 18tpi works good too though. will have to experiment a little more.

Thanks for ideas
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]