I'm wanting to support the frame on my 94 Jeep Cherokee, it has a very thin box frame, uni-body.
I was on a Cherokee forum and what they are doing is welding 1/4 x 3 angle to the very thin frame, rect. tube (approx. 3 x 5).
Their drilling holes every few inchs and rosette welding.
I've heard you cant weld directly to the frame (too thin) or it will stress and crack.
This rosette weld reminds me of a plug weld on a differential tube to center section.
I'd like to learn what I can about this weld, if it cam be mig'd or is it o/a ?
It is just to stiffen the frame.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.