Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Self-reliance, simplicity and innovation are 'ideals,' I suppose.

This guy works it out without any machinery at all.

http://www.metalgeek.com/archives/2005/05/01/000047.php

But tubing bigger than an inch or so might be more than an unassisted set of human arms can handle.

haaaa!!! that was my link, you link steeler.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Whoops! Sorry! I've been doing searches on manual benders and rolling benders and I thought that was one I found. But I'll bet I clicked on your link and it got mixed in.

Still, it's a great write-up. I've got two projects I'm going to try and do without buying any sort of bender, now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse! View Post
    Hi all I am New here and and might ask some dumb questions but here it goes

Was hoping I could get some ideals on building a square tubing bender and where I can get dies for bending square tubing ?

Thanks so kindly!
    CrazyHorse!
    My neighbor built a very simple square tube bender. It's easy to build and cheap. It's not good for a tube carrying a liquid as it really cuts down on the internal area of the tube, but if you don't care about a inside dimple, it does the job.

http://www.zianet.com/jworman/shoptips.html

scroll down a bit.

John

no problem, i was jusr razzen ya.

cool shop tip's.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default bender

Wow You guys are great bunch of guys!
    I am a bit rusty these days on ideals in working with metal but have been doing all my own welding for years, but that was basic animal cages for exotic mammals and reptile enclosures out of ABS plastics, being I got out of the wildlife industry Couple of years ago, decided to start enjoy building different projects with steel, as soon as I have some of the projects done I will post pics here is a pic of a BBQ pit I built for a client nothing fancy

Thanks
    CrazyHorse!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    Whoops! Sorry! I've been doing searches on manual benders and rolling benders and I thought that was one I found. But I'll bet I clicked on your link and it got mixed in.

Still, it's a great write-up. I've got two projects I'm going to try and do without buying any sort of bender, now.
    LINK STEALER
    LINK STEALER!!!!

At least I spelled it right!!! Don't worry James, I'll turn him into Miller!!!
    I think they have a Link Stealer division....

Sorry, it was just too funny not to add to it!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

I was told by one old timmer to make the sharper bends it helped to stuff the tubing with sand and cap it, it is supposed to minimize the crushing. I have yet to try it myself.

P.s. Jack great link!!! JustKidding---fun4now great link
    Last edited by nikodell; 04-11-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikodell View Post
    I was told by one old timmer to make the sharper bends it helped to stuff the tubing with sand and cap it, it is supposed to minimize the crushing. I have yet to try it myself.

P.s. Jack great link!!! JustKidding---fun4now great link

the old "fill and cap" trick will work, as I used it for years with my HF pipe bender, BUT once you use a decent TUBE bender you'll turn your back on the sand trick.

Arrow Thank you! to you all

Just wanted to say Thank you to all of you!

All the links you guys have provided have been very useful
    What I want to build is outdoor furniture using square tubing frame and a square tubing bender
    Just seems to be the only way to get nice bends with out a lot of miter cuts and extra unnecessary welding.

I have some really great design ideals for this project and hope that I can market the out door furniture in the near future.

Once I have one of these projects completed I will post photos and you can let me know what you think.

Also I would be curious as to your comments or sugestions of what type of materials you think should be considered to be used for the bench seats and or table tops
    i.e. Wood or metal.

Kind Regards
    CH!
    Last edited by CrazyHorse!; 04-11-2009 at 08:45 PM.