Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up

i love that tool box. surprisingly enough i never thought about building a better wrench box. i will have to get all my sets together and look at building some thing to do the job the way i want it to.

if i had an extra $1000 to spend on that tool box i suspect it would solve my storage problems...............and give me an excuse to buy more to fill it up.

the foam cut outs would work great if i had a big enough drower to keep them all in and could get the box to where it was needed.

i have them all in a fabric carry case right now. some thing from Stanly i think but cant remember its about 12"wx20"lx10"t that zips shut and has a shoulder strap. so far its been the best option i can come up with.

if build something I'll post up some pic's when i finish it.

thanks for all the idea's
    James
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool

almost forgot, that wooden one is freaking amazing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

- Pass-N-Gas Proverb -

You can never have to many tools ..

However the shop can be to small..
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

What do I do with all my tools.......

Frikkin' lose them!
    Don't know how they grow their legs in the shop, but they manage to walk off eventually. I have so many partial socket sets that I probably have 6 or 7 3/4" sockets, but I'll be ****ed if I can find a 9/16" anywhere!

It doesn't help that I have a severe case of FSS (Flat Surface Syndrome) and crap piles up everywhere.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Flat Surface Syndrome, wow there is a name name for my disease.is there any chance for a cure ?

I'm OK with sockets, i have a cool set in a plastic case with deep well, standard and 1/4" in standard and metric. its a 100+ piece set that covers almost all my socket needs. best part is i can tell if i lost a socket at a glance, so 4 years later its still a complete set.

i still have not had a chance to make a better carrier for my wrenches as i been buisy working on my new mower.my old one took a dump, and i managed to score an old ford newholland mower. with a little clean up, de-rusting, repainting, and some tune up work. now i have a sweet new mower thats old but works better tan the one i bought new. i love this thing.
    check it out. i cant believe how nice this thing is. i still need to get a book on it and find an easy way to change the drive belt, but after that it will be good as new. yea i know i should have changed the belt when i had it all apart to clean and repaint.. it just didn't acure to me to do the belts at the same time?????? no idea how i managed that goof up ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

That mower looks awesome. The easiest way to change that belt is to get someone else to do it.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    Flat Surface Syndrome, wow there is a name name for my disease.is there any chance for a cure ?
    I wish there was. I've battled it for many years with only marginal, intermittent success. The best I can hope is that I can occasionally see the entire surface of my work bench. Eventually everything ends up back in the pile!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

I find that if I order my tools in small sets it's easy to keep track of them. I never bought those giant package deals, but the small sets so they all come in small cases, and such. You cant see all the wrenches, but I have 5 sets in that drawer, just SAE, next one down is metric. I have 1 gear wrench set, 1 craftsmen 1/4-1"set, 1 craftsmen 1 1/16-1.5" set, 1 set of snap on line wrenches, and 1 set of snap on flank drives.
    Plus I have two other boxes with all the cheap tools I have collected...
    Here is a pic.

Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

I spy with my little eye...A classic 78?

Snap on definitely is my choice when it comes to tools/storage for them
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

At my shop I have one kit in the tool box and the rest are hanging on the wall. they are all hanging off a pice 2'' x 1/4 with 1/2 round rod welded off the front. I have every wrench hanging on the wall from 1/2'' to 2 3/4''