Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

On fire most of the time
    I spy with my little eye...A classic 78?

if you are referring to my new .....used mower, its a 97. it had 330 hr's on it when i got it. some one replaced the motor in it recently, thats a big +. they were even nice enough to replace it with a Kohler command 19. a really nice motor. normally i would say all mower motors are about the same but this 19 hp is bigger than my B&S 23 thats in my other mower.it came with a 18 HP Kohler, and the one in it now looks nearly new. runs smooth and strong.
    I'm going to tackle replacing the drive bely this morning, not a fun task.it seems i have to do some serious disassembly to get the belt off, bummer. but better to do it now then wait till its broken in the field some where. i gotta say I'm bummed out i don't have any thing left to mow although kinda nice to say I'm caught up on my mowing. don't think i ever said that last year with my other mower and i wasn't even mowing the hole yard last year. boy do i love this mower.
    so after i get the belt changed I'm going to get back to some welding. i think I'll make a front bumper for it and possibly tackle some form of wrench carrier wile I'm at it. no matter what i get to, I'll be doing some welding and fabricating today, yaaaaaa!!! Finlay i get to burn some stuff this summer.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    I spy with my little eye...A classic 78?

Snap on definitely is my choice when it comes to tools/storage for them
    yep, nice catch!!! Not top of the line, but I love it still....
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

I know my tool boxes!

Got a KRL1022 myself...upgraded from a Classic 78. Works great, but they charge you out the *insert deleted word here* for it.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

So you've got multiple sets right? Leave them where you use them!

I've got a whole set right in the toolbox (where they belong), and then I have my extras spread out around the shop on the machines that need them. If I'm headed out to the driveway, I go to the toolbox to load up for the job. I don't drag the whole darn thing out there, as that takes more effort than making a couple trips for what I really need.

Think about it, do you really need to haul around 6 sets of the same stuff for a single task? Making a small "carry" toolbox full of the usual stuff would make more sense.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    So you've got multiple sets right? Leave them where you use them!

I've got a whole set right in the toolbox (where they belong), and then I have my extras spread out around the shop on the machines that need them. If I'm headed out to the driveway, I go to the toolbox to load up for the job. I don't drag the whole darn thing out there, as that takes more effort than making a couple trips for what I really need.

Think about it, do you really need to haul around 6 sets of the same stuff for a single task? Making a small "carry" toolbox full of the usual stuff would make more sense.
    Absolutely!! I do the same thing. I don't have time to dig out what I need. I leave the tools I need at the places I use them.
    Even basically working alone it is amazing how many migrate around simply from the few people that come into my shop. The easiest way to loose a tool is put it in the toolbox in the wrong place
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I simply divide them up amongst the palces i use them the most. I keep a double set in my "working tool box" and then keep the extras of what's needed for certain machines or workstations in my little shop in boxes next to said machines that have their tooling in them and such. TO me it's not a dillema, but a gift to have so many extras!!

My dellima is what to do with all the extra sockets i have... right now they are just in the drawers with the wrenches they go with according to metric or SAE since i don't have enough ratchets to disperse them to the tooling spots like i do with the wrnches
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    What do I do with all my tools.......

Frikkin' lose them!
    Don't know how they grow their legs in the shop, but they manage to walk off eventually. I have so many partial socket sets that I probably have 6 or 7 3/4" sockets, but I'll be ****ed if I can find a 9/16" anywhere!

It doesn't help that I have a severe case of FSS (Flat Surface Syndrome) and crap piles up everywhere.
    I can never find my 9/16 sockets either, so I keep buying more and lose them, too.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    Flat Surface Syndrome, wow there is a name name for my disease.is there any chance for a cure ? ?
    I have the same disease.........................I'm trying to quit but at 68, I don't think I can find the cure.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

Default found a place

metal shelving, 1 shelf sae, 1 shelf metric, 1 shelf airtools, another drill bits, better than a tool box, pb blaster em every now and then all at once

I keep a couple of sets in the tool box, and these never leave home. The ones I carry around go on a slightly modified circlip. It keeps them all together, and hangs on a hook when not in use.
    Attached Images Attached Images