Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    seems like i saw some replacement bands for the boots, so with a little luck i will be ale to get it off without any damage. I'll give it another try tomorrow, I'm shot for the day now. but i did get some much needed shop cleaning done.
    What car is this??

Griff

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i have a 4' fence pole over my largest breaker bar now. my brother is comming out tomarow so i'll have him give me a hand.

i'll try the jack under the breaker bar idea if all else fails, man that puppie is on tight.
    Can you get a new nut? Maybe it's time to crack the nut and replace it. Drill a small hole parallel to the spindle and crack it with a chisel . . . hex_nut.jpg

Jim

I know on my Honda one side of the car is reverse tread so that in any case things are loose the nut wont spin off driving down the road.

Default Broken wire # 34 aead 200le

Hi there.... For some reason I cannot post a new thread? Yes, I'm logged in, but heck... I'm brain dead or what, ha!

Okay, help... I have a broken wire marked number 34 from the negative terminal of the ignition coil, and the drawing shows that it goes to the power weld switch. Should be easy eh... not on your life it is... I cannot see where this wire has come off from, nor is there a terminal that has lost a wire, despite the wire end having the remains of a terminal attached.

SYMPTOM: For some reason, when the switch S1 is moved from the weld to power, the move kills the engine. Does this number 34 wire have a baring on this function?

Help would be appreciated. email g6ypk@yahoo.com
    Kind regards
    Tony

Thumbs up

nikodell
    i know on my Honda one side of the car is reverse tread so that in any case things are loose the nut wont spin off driving down the road

thats what i was thinking.

car is a subaru legacy wagon 1994
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Most half shafts are splined to the axle bearing so the nuts are captive and thus do not require left hand threads. Where as on vehicles without splines the left hand nuts are to prevent it from backing off, as with non driven wheels.

Peace,
    Paul

Lightbulb

g6ypk
    i posted your question for you. try e-mailing or PM ing admin tosee if she can get you posting again.
    good luck
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by 4sfed View Post
    Can you get a new nut? Maybe it's time to crack the nut and replace it. Drill a small hole parallel to the spindle and crack it with a chisel . . . hex_nut.jpg

Jim
    not a bad idea. I know Honda recommends that you do not reuse the axle nut, and they sound like they they are retained in a similar fashion to yours.
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Thumbs up

i'll stop into auto zone and see if the nut is gettable threw local or have to go dealer for it ?? maybe napa ?

still waiting on my brother to show up and help out, giving up on that one i think i'll explore other options.
    what a pain in the arrsss one little nut cam be.

thanks all
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

There are a lot of articles out on this subject. I've looked at quite a few
    of them myself, but I didn't find one that did it just the way I wanted, and
    from the many different designs, it looks like a lot of people have their
    own idea of just what it should do, and how it should be built.
    One idea I found useful was a way to attach the leadscrew mounts to
    the ends of the lathe. This came from J.R. Bentley's impressive web site.
    You can read more about his projects

uggs
    Urban Wear for men