Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Millermatic 211

I just want to comment on the new Millermatic 211, I got mine last week and I just can not say enough to praise it. If anyone is looking for a dual voltage machine that is portable this is truly the one to get. I have not tried it on 220V yet but it is just so smooth on 110V Using the auto set is a help but it has to be adjusted on the feed side to get it running really smooth. Luckily for Miller they did not have this machine out last year, had they I doubt if I would have a Dynasty 200DX as well.
    I think my toy chest is just about full now.
    Cheers
    James.

Default Miller 211

James,
    I'm glad to hear you like it. I am in the process of trying to sell my 140AS so I can upgrade to the 211. I need more amps for my hobby business.
    I want to hear more about how it does on 220V. If you get a chance to try it, or someone else has used one on 220V, give us your thoughts.
    Thanks for the post.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

[QUOTE=jmpgino;185384]I think my toy chest is just about full now.
    QUOTE]

I didn't think that was ever possible!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Quote Originally Posted by jmpgino View Post
    I just want to comment on the new Millermatic 211, I got mine last week and I just can not say enough to praise it. If anyone is looking for a dual voltage machine that is portable this is truly the one to get. I have not tried it on 220V yet but it is just so smooth on 110V Using the auto set is a help but it has to be adjusted on the feed side to get it running really smooth. Luckily for Miller they did not have this machine out last year, had they I doubt if I would have a Dynasty 200DX as well.
    I think my toy chest is just about full now.
    Cheers
    James.
    I've been using the 211 for a couple of months now and am also really happy with it. On auto set, how do you adjust just the "feed side"? On auto set, mine only seems to have one knob for fine tuning and I assumed it adjusted voltage and wire speed at the same time. My experience is limited but I find that my best welds come with the auto set setting on the low side of the thickness range. I'll be experimenting with the manual settings on my next project. I'm using it on 220v and haven't maxed it out yet with my 1/4" and under projects.

Default Miller 211 Autoset is for .030 and .035 wire

I really like my new Miller 211AS.

I was surprised that the Autoset feature was for .030 and .035 wire. My 140AS was .024 and .030.
    That is not mentioned in the catalog, literature, or on their website.
    Doesn't make that much difference, but I use .024 in my small business so I have a lot of that wire to use up.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

"It is available when welding mild
    steel with solid wire and only works with .030
    and .035 solid wires and C25 shielding gas
    (75% Argon, 25% CO2)."

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/DC12-46.pdf
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    "It is available when welding mild
    steel with solid wire and only works with .030
    and .035 solid wires and C25 shielding gas
    (75% Argon, 25% CO2)."

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/DC12-46.pdf

Sorry...That isn't the machine we are discussing

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Sorry...That isn't the machine we are discussing
    My bad- dunno what happened- I thought it was the link for the 211

I wonder why they only info put that on some of the AS models??
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I also just picked up this unit for a great deal, and have yet to even plug it in, but noticed that the "Autoset" function dosent have a setting for .023 wire? Only the larger 30..... I am doing autobody panel work... so I guess I'm back to setting it up in the standard mode? I am very new at this and it is my first MIG machine, I have a TIG, and I'm looking forward to the speed and ease of use of this MIG over my TIG.

Default new millermatic 211

Just a question, is the on-off power switch on the front of the machine or the back?