Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FireWood Rack

That's about what I want to build K.A.M., About how high off the ground are they & what's on bottom to keep it off ground?
    RoHo
    Dayton, Texas

Lightbulb

if i was to build one i would definitely coat it in a spray on type bed liner like you can get at most any auto outlet. even walmart has some. it ranges from $3-$8 a can depending on maker. i used the $3 version on the inside of my dump trailer for my lawn mower 6+ years ago and its still rut free after numerous dirt, rock, sticks, scrap steel loads, and about any thing else i could load it full of over the years. it might be a good option for a steel treatment for the wood rack as well, look into it as an option.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    That's about what I want to build K.A.M., About how high off the ground are they & what's on bottom to keep it off ground?
    roho, if you place the racks on the ground the wood will be 31/2'' off the ground, I put 3 pieces of the 11/4'' pipe on the bottom of the racks. I had some old bricks and raised them off the ground higher for now because plans are to have concrete where they are later on.

Default wood rack

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Men, I was probably trying to explain to MUCH in detail...What he wants is a rack to put 12 to 14 inch long pieces of wood & maybe the width of a half cord! I think that would be 4ft tall by 8ft long!(I think a half cord is 4ft high by 2 ft wide x 8ft long & a cord in 4ft wide by 4ft tall by 8ft long) so it wouldn't be a true half cord! He has a Franklin heater that takes 12 to 14 inch split wood. & as far as buying one, he was just trying to push a little work toward me & wanted it built out of a little heavier material! Anyway THANKS for feedback & any help you can give!
    I build this design for a fire wood customer it's simple and in expensive but sturdy as well
    In sizes 4' to 8'

Regards
    CrazyHorse!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Talking

all i had to do was get my picture folder off my desktop onto my laptop and waaa-laaa, i found it.
    check out this design. some high school kids made it, sorry i don't remember which ones so i cant give them credit. might have even been the teacher that posted them ??

any way here they are enjoy and be inspired.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES