Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: FireWood Rack

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dayton, Texas
    Posts
    30

    Default FireWood Rack

    Hello BOYS, I'm looking for some plans for a firewood rack for a ole buddy of mine! Needs to be simple & cheap! Naw... just a simple plan that I can build & haul over to his place...Needs to stack about 1/2 a cord wide & bout 12/14 inchs wide(wood needs to be about 12/14 inches long) & then maybe set another in front of it! I'm gonna look in projects on site & google right now! Any plans floating around & what type of material?
    RoHo
    Dayton, Texas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    A rack for 1/2 of a cord of 12-14" wood is gonna be HUGE!!!
    Like 1/2 the side of the house

    www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    Ok I re-read and seen you're gonna double them...better idea

    www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

  4. #4

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Hello BOYS, I'm looking for some plans for a firewood rack for a ole buddy of mine! Needs to be simple & cheap! Naw... just a simple plan that I can build & haul over to his place...Needs to stack about 1/2 a cord wide & bout 12/14 inchs wide(wood needs to be about 12/14 inches long) & then maybe set another in front of it! I'm gonna look in projects on site & google right now! Any plans floating around & what type of material?
    hey roho .... just buy one

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Island Falls Maine
    Posts
    562

    Default

    I have A buddy that built one and he made it out of 1 1/2" square tubing. He built it square with 3" feet on the bottom

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dayton, Texas
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Men, I was probably trying to explain to MUCH in detail...What he wants is a rack to put 12 to 14 inch long pieces of wood & maybe the width of a half cord! I think that would be 4ft tall by 8ft long!(I think a half cord is 4ft high by 2 ft wide x 8ft long & a cord in 4ft wide by 4ft tall by 8ft long) so it wouldn't be a true half cord! He has a Franklin heater that takes 12 to 14 inch split wood. & as far as buying one, he was just trying to push a little work toward me & wanted it built out of a little heavier material! Anyway THANKS for feedback & any help you can give!
    RoHo
    Dayton, Texas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    673

    Exclamation

    Guys that want to push a little work towards you are GOOD guys.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

    Hobby weldor with a little training.

    Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

    Miller Syncrowave 250.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Guys that want to push a little work towards you are GOOD guys.
    Amen to that...and pay it back and forward too

    www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Posts
    143

    Default wood rack

    Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Men, I was probably trying to explain to MUCH in detail...What he wants is a rack to put 12 to 14 inch long pieces of wood & maybe the width of a half cord! I think that would be 4ft tall by 8ft long!(I think a half cord is 4ft high by 2 ft wide x 8ft long & a cord in 4ft wide by 4ft tall by 8ft long) so it wouldn't be a true half cord! He has a Franklin heater that takes 12 to 14 inch split wood. & as far as buying one, he was just trying to push a little work toward me & wanted it built out of a little heavier material! Anyway THANKS for feedback & any help you can give!
    I build this design for a fire wood customer it's simple and in expensive but sturdy as well
    In sizes 4' to 8'

    Regards
    CrazyHorse!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    near rochester NY
    Posts
    9,881

    Talking

    all i had to do was get my picture folder off my desktop onto my laptop and waaa-laaa, i found it.
    check out this design. some high school kids made it, sorry i don't remember which ones so i cant give them credit. might have even been the teacher that posted them ??

    any way here they are enjoy and be inspired.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.