Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by nikodell View Post
    Could be but they are psychically different in the photos.
    If they were physically different, I could tell from the photos. However, if you can tell that they are psychically different, you must be one of Dionne Warwick's "friends."
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Kracker,

The coolant system in the pic came from Harbor Freight also (now discontinued). The pump itself did not last very long and I am now using a Little Giant pond pump but still using the same resivoir and plumbing from HF.
    Larry

"I feel for the man who can only spell a word one way"......Mark Twain

Lincoln AC225-S (OLD/Copper Wound)
    Lincoln Weldpac 100
    Miller Matic 180 (auto set)
    Miller Spool gun 100
    Miller Spectrum 375 Extreme
    Victor Super Range II

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybagger View Post
    If they were physically different, I could tell from the photos. However, if you can tell that they are psychically different, you must be one of Dionne Warwick's "friends."
    Motor casings look different is all I am saying, also if you look at online manuals. I was thinking of getting on of these too but I have my doubts with the ability to actually set it up to cut a true 90 in the blade plane. Seems you can only true them through force on the blade which is not the correct way to get this done as it will ware guide bearings and shorten the life of the blade.

Yha bad unchecked auto spell checker.
    Last edited by nikodell; 04-05-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Can You Weld This For Me? View Post
    Milwaukee also makes a stand for their porta band making it like a chop saw. I bought one when I got the saw new, never used it, ended up giving it away for next to nothing. Now they are nearly as much as the saw. There are some interesting homebuilt porta band stands that folks have made. Once you use a porta band and get use to handling it, you will be hooked.

CYWTFM: there....why did you have to come up with such a long name to type!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, how are THOSE portaband saws mounted????
    Very cool...........
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thumbs up

i really like that vertical saw mount. very good idea

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

I too think the table stand is great,How is the saw attached to the stand? Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    CYWTFM: there....why did you have to come up with such a long name to type!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, how are THOSE portaband saws mounted????
    Very cool...........
    bert
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    I too think the table stand is great,How is the saw attached to the stand? Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by welderdude402 View Post
    i really like that vertical saw mount. very good idea
    Hey guys, I definitely don't want to take credit for someone else's work. The one in the pic is not mine. Here's a link that tells about them:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=323369

I have a similar set up, but not quite as nice as this. I use mine free hand 99.9% of the time.

CYWTFM, maybe my eyes, but from those 2 pics, I still didn't see how it was mounted! Thank you for posting though
    bert
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    CYWTFM, maybe my eyes, but from those 2 pics, I still didn't see how it was mounted! Thank you for posting though
    bert
    Sorry to keep reposting this huge pic, but I edited the one below so you could see the mounting holes. There are two 10-24 or smaller screws that normally hold a blade guide/rest onto the saw. If you remove it you have a nice flat surface to put the plate up against. I only use these two holes, the one in the pic I believe has three. I'd have to look at my saw, but the third one may have been tapped by the owner into the saw housing. Take a look and you will see the countersunk screw heads:

CYWTFM,
    thanks you! and yes, and you're AWSOME
    I'm not late...