Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nice extendable saw horses, I was given the same ones...

What bender did you use, pro tools 105?

Im currently in the market...
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

T-top is looking great.
    that notcher on the other hand...,, wow, i hope you are close to an E.R. thats way before OSHA. scary looking thing for shore.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Nice extendable saw horses, I was given the same ones..

What bender did you use, pro tools 105?

Im currently in the market...
    JD2 model 3 with a homade stand from scrap. Sorry for the fuzzy pics but it's all I had on file.

Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Wow FK, nice pics of the bender (only 1 a little fuzzy, rest were excellent) and the T-TOP!!! Question about the notcher though...How do you ge the tube moving into the notcher (notcher being mounted to the ground, tube in the vice....you "slide" the vice into the notcher???
    thanks, and again.....
    cool job!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Wow FK, nice pics of the bender (only 1 a little fuzzy, rest were excellent) and the T-TOP!!! Question about the notcher though...How do you ge the tube moving into the notcher (notcher being mounted to the ground, tube in the vice....you "slide" the vice into the notcher???
    thanks, and again.....
    cool job!!!!!!!!!!

It's just a mill...I'll try to remember to take some more to make it a little easier to understand.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

oops, sorry..I get it now (plus all the shaving in the way)Wow...that darn thing will probably outlive your grandkids too.......
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

FK,

Very nice indeed!! I love your quote: "One thing I believe and tell folks is "anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you get good at it" That is exactly what I am telling the admiral of my ship as it pertains to my tig practicing (at my age)--

I am a visual learner and I have received a tremendous amount of knowledge from this and the WW forum from all of you that share your talents! (I just knew that mothership of Dynasty's would be put to good use on a project real soon after you got it wired up!! (would you mind sharing a few settings that you use for those tube welds? (I am working hard at learning to 'read' the materials needs" when I fire up my Dynasty 200) It is a little tough when learning to separate the capability limits of the machine and those of my learned ability?---

Your notcher reminds me of when I first came to Juneau AK and I was invited to an 'auction' of equipment from the millwright shop at the "old AJ mine" I was just a kid, but this machine and fabrication shop was like nothing I had ever seen, all of it was belt driven from just a couple steam engines (later modernized to diesel electric) Oh how I wish that I could have known then what I do now as some of this equipment was so heavy and accurate that today it would still be turning out perfection!!

Sorry for rambling!!---Love seeing the project coming together !!

Tim
    Retired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
    AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
    MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Settings, hahaha!!
    Ugh let's see here....amps well I set them high so the ramp up is fast.
    Balance, I want it to clean so I do 70
    Hz, been tacking at 400 to keep them small and welding around 80-125.
    Waveform, soft square.
    Nohing special because I haven't had the time to play much when I got her going. I just simply put it to work.
    I could do all the 'tighter" settings and ge the fuzzy edge to go away,but to tell the truth this thing has so many joints,I would be making this thing till the end of time. I just cut and notch and then file and tack. And later come back and weld. Nuthin' fancy.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

FK,

Thanks, Definetly that machine looks to be a do-all of tig welders!! I really like the ingenuity used in forming the t-top frame. I hope by summer to purchase a Bender (the dies) are what is expensive!! Being able to compently Tig Aluminum is a current passion of mine and I cherish every tid bit of info (I am filing all the suggestions for referernce as I practice and learn! (Old dogs can learn new tricks, we just have to work at it harder, practice more)--

Thanks for the help and contribution to the forum!

Tim
    Retired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
    AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
    MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    JD2 model 3 with a homade stand from scrap. Sorry for the fuzzy pics but it's all I had on file.
    Sweet, thanks. Pics werent blurry, mine always are lol

How much force does it take to actually bend, lets say .120 wall 1.75" MS tube? Or even your aluminum? Was wondering if I could mount it to the corner of my table, (~1800 lbs) Im running out of shop space fast.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)