Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    FK,
    looking awsome!!! If the pic is correct, looks like the crossmembers have a slight curve on them?? How did you bend that, since you just have the bender you just got??? I'm gonna finish up my pro-tools 105 bender in the next couple weeks, thanks to TS-OFFROAD and his help with me copying his bender stand.......
    bert
    I just made two 5 degree bends 16" apart and it came out pretty close to the tail. I decided to leave the nose flat
    Get that bender going
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

So I made another bar and got it off the floor. Welded it up.

Then I sanded all the nicks and scratches out. Most of them came from my metal supplier
    I also ground down the splice between the two hoops. I put a piece inside between them...I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me someday. I just thought it made it look better. Maybe if I throw enuff braces in it will keep it from being a problem.

View from the back.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Got my helper to jump in and help me finish the sanding so he could help me hang the canopy from the trusses with ratchet straps. Then I would be able to work by myself C. Wagner style...scratching my head

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Boy!...Sure is a nice lookin machine in the right of the bottom picture!Sure wish I had one. the one before your last post
    Last edited by welderdude402; 04-02-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: he posted quicker than i replied

Miller Trailblazer 302
    Smith Torch Outfit
    Lots of Grinders
    Miller Elite Autodark Hood
    O'l Trusty Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by welderdude402 View Post
    Boy!...Sure is a nice lookin machine in the right of the bottom picture!Sure wish I had one. the one before your last post
    Yeah, but ya GOTTA love that cammo trailer

FK, thanks for the explantion about the crossbars!!! I see those bends in the new pics!!!!!!! TOTALLY AWSOME DUE!!!!!!!!
    (Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Adventure)
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

O.K. fellas, here are some welds a little closer using the Dynasty 700.
    As you can see I am not Engloid or K.B.!! These were made using the east-west fingertip controller and at the time it was so stiff it was effecting my stops.
    The main reason I took this pic at the time was to show how the 3" oval tube looked when fitted to the 1 1/2" tubing perpendicular and level vs 10 degree incline.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Here is my high tech, latest thing out notcher!!

It is an old mid eighteen hundreds horizontal mill that someone converted from line-drive to a 115v motor with an old 3 speed tranny.
    I traded a couple of old oxygen bottles for it about 15 years ago and never thought about just how useful it would become. I even had considered scrapping it at one time but kept it because the brand was my grandmothers maiden name...Garvin

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Wink More bars in more places

So I have been back to head scratching, fitting and tacking.
    My friend and I discussed how it would be cool to make bars for the front seat for handholds so I made these.

Pretty much the theme of this boat is NOT fishing but mainly pleasure boating with POWER so I am attempting to enhance any styling or lines on the boat without making my work the main focal point.
    They debuted the boat last year with a fiberglass arch and it seemed dated and also with our lake being so ROUGH it was really hard on passengers with not having enuff places to get ahold of. It is my job to eliminate that problem altogether.

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Love that notcher. Just don't let anybody get near the "business end" of it.

OSHA would have a field day with that machine. LOL
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchnride247 View Post
    Love that notcher. Just don't let anybody get near the "business end" of it.

OSHA would have a field day with that machine. LOL
    No doubt it is a "killer" set-up for sure. You can get shocked or cut or tangled up seperately or all at the same time!!

I googled it once and found a reference to one almost exactly like it from the same company that said 1860's...a bit before osha. Would that make that machine Great Great Great grandfathered in??

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX