Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default little progress on my front gate.

A little update:
    this is why I started welding: i had my wrought iron fence powder coated. The powdercoat guy lost my gate. Instead of buying a new gate, or have someone make one I thought, since i always want to learn how to weld, why not give it a shot? I have a bunch of hand me down OA stuff laying around, so I just went at it. Here's the gate i built, the picture was taken a week ago, the gate now has hinge and first coat of primer. I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

3/4" x 1.5" rectangular tubing on outside. inner "sticks" are 1/2" square tubing. The frame is OA welded, the inner sticks are mig welded (borrowed a mig welder from a friend of a friend)

Yes, sandals. I'll put my welding shirt on for photo-op, but I refuse to put my boots on for the picture.

these are my first few welds from a month or so ago (try not to laugh too hard, i know some of you made snotty welds on your first try ) :

Last edited by oxy moron; 03-31-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Take the lens cover off of the camera for the next group of shots.

I would like to see your pictures.

Sorry we must have been posting at the same time and you pictures had not come through the system yet. Very nice job.

Charlie
    Last edited by 59halfstep; 03-31-2009 at 03:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 70

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 145