Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Thoughts on the Millermatic 211/MVP Auto Set!!!

New to these forums and was wondering if inayone has any positive feedback on the Millermatic 211 MVP auto set. I am wanting to buy one with the spoolmate 100 series and was wanting some feedback. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HaasmanVF3 View Post
    New to these forums and was wondering if inayone has any positive feedback on the Millermatic 211 MVP auto set. I am wanting to buy one with the spoolmate 100 series and was wanting some feedback. Thanks.
    Look around a little bit and you'll find your answer.

I haven't seen anyone say anything negative yet.

I am planning on picking one up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by HaasmanVF3 View Post
    I'm just a hobby welder so take what I say with a grain of salt. I recently upgraded my mm175 to a mm211. I was seriously considering the mm212 or a used 210(I regularly see them on craigslist here in AZ) but I do have a need to be able to use 115v on occasion so the mm211 got my attention. I didn't need the professional duty cycle of the full size Miller so the mm211 gave me the added power I wanted (using the 230v I have at home) while giving me the ability to take the machine to a buddy's house, easily throw in some L-56 .25 wire and use 115v to do light work. Having said that I will say the mm211 has a very nice soft arc with the L-56 .30 I normally use, better than my mm175 and I have enough power to cover my hobby needs. It was a tough choice, full size Miller or the portable mm211 but in the end it was the combination of size, power, and 115v/230v capability that sold me. Oh yeah, the $75 cash back http://www.millerwelds.com/mw_freestuff/ was the final motivator that got me to pull the trigger.