Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Truck bed pics: Finally on the truck

Finally got the bed on the truck over the weekend. Still have some more brackets to make for buckets, string trimmer. pole saw etc. Here are some pics so far. first 2 pics are the front view and side view. Next 2 pics are the mudlfap brackets and the how the body mounts to the truck frame. The last pic is the driver side. The space in front of the side boxes will be used to store gas cans, fire ext etc. Made the little box the same angle as the side boxes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Smile

Couple more pics, first is mud flap brackets I made from aluminum with rubber at the bottom. Second pic is rear view and the last pic is a reciever step my son made from 1 1/4" pipe.

I'll take some more when I get the rest of the brackets done. They still have to get the truck lettered, but coudl start putting stuff in it this week
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

Thumbs up

Nice job on the finished product, I do see one major flaw with the truck and that is....

It ain't sitting' in my driveway. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thanks, I'd send it to you, but I'm not sure how well that aluminum would hold up to a welder throwing steel in the back
    Scott

Thumbs up

Very sweeeeeet! Nice job, looks great.
    Rich Ferguson
    Sales Technician
    Jackson Welding Supply Co.
    "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
    www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    Thanks, I'd send it to you, but I'm not sure how well that aluminum would hold up to a welder throwing steel in the back
    Not a problem, I've got trailers Dave:
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

NICE TRUCK !!!!!!!!! you going put dimound plate lady mudd flaps on it J/k

Inferno Forge

Chris

Nice work! One hopefully not obviously answered question, but in pic IMG_0200.jpg, I see that the bed is mounted down with bolts and springs. Why is that, I would think you would want it held down securely? Wouldn't it bounce up when you hit bumps? Like I said, probably an obvious answer, but I can't think of it right now...

Default Well done!

AWESOME!!

Having the additional boxes fabricated to match the angle of the side boxes really gives it a fully integrated look.

Which mfg made the side boxes? The angle of the front makes a very nice modern high-tech statement. In diamond plate ... gotta' love it! Very cool.

Nice bed. I was wondering about the springs too Of all the beds I've built or worked on I've never seen any mounted with springs
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN