Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Another weld cart

Well my el-cheapo starter mig died and I needed to make a better cart for my 180. The old cart had my mig, my arc, and my O/A setup on it making it just to heavy to leave the garage floor.

So I put a few scraps together to make a more mobile cart. If I remember correct the rear wheels are 11 or 12" and the front casters are 4 or 5". It was all in my head so there are no plans. But if anyone wants to borrow ideas from the pics, please feel free.

For now my tool trays are plastic specials from Big Lots. They should serve me fine until I get around to making trays from sheet metal. I may as well admit it up front. When I got to the handle on the front I managed to build the cart 1 1/2" to short, so I had to add it to the front instead of extending the front legs on up. All and all I think it turned OK pretty OK.

BTW the is the first project that I built and painted before I actually used it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfrie...eat=directlink
    Last edited by tom37; 03-28-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: i was thinking decimal and typed fraction with goofey numbers

Looks good.

Thanks Showdog. Its always nice to hear a good word.

I just couldnt leave well enough alone !!!! I added a holder for the jar of nozzle dip and a pair of welpers, and the other side I made a beverage holder. Here is 2 links to the last 2 pics. If anyone wants to look at the welds or any of the other pics please click the link in the first post, as it will take you to the album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Nice cart. Do you have to drop the cylinder in from the top?

Thank You BillyP

Yes I do have to drop the cylinder from the top. I was thinking about that today while I was working on the holders on the front. I think I will cut the piece of tubing at the rear, weld tabs on it and drill the tabs for pins. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

What I like about what you are doing here is, you have found that most of the time when you want to pull a welder over to a certain spot and do a job, you don't want to bring every machine you own.
    It's nice to have your things on wheels for sure. It would be interesting to see how well everything stays when pulling across rough surfaces.
    Also like the little "extras" Just don't get so carried away that you end back up where you were, only a different version.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400