Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat bar roll.

Actually as time goes on I hope to have to buy the big powered machine. I own half of a company that does welding and ornamental iron work so I really have to look at how fast I can get things done. I have a couple of designs in my head that I have never seen anywhere before, and once they are seen I am pretty sure they will be very popular.

I've been asked to post some pics of my welding and as soon as I do something worth posting I will. In the last month I haven't made a weld over an inch long and all of them flat with the mig. Stuff doesn't stay around here long, it is either driving off as soon as I get my ground off it, or on the trailer to get installed.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    I own half of a company that does welding and ornamental iron work so I really have to look at how fast I can get things done
    I own 1/2 of a company also, and the wife always asks how fast i can get it done but i never see her helping ...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Bob, I'm guessing she owns the othe 1/2????
    Faster it goes out, faster she gets PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

I can help you here Jolly Roger. I use a rolling mill a bunch in my business and you can built this for less than 600. Go to this link and at the bottom of the page there is a short video you can download to see it in operation.

Mine has been in use for 6 years and still works like new.

I can take 2 to 3 inch X 4 inch hot steel to 1/32 if need be.

http://www.anvilfire.com/bookrev/mcdonald/mill.htm

Also there is an email link where you can order the plans for 25.00

Best regards,

Jim