Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default took a few pics of cooking rig almost done

Here is a few pics of my smoker. I am terrible at taking pics of welds and having them turn out in focus. But there is a few weld pics and then several pics as i remembered to grab the camera. The whole idea is to have this rig set-up the way i want it so that when I get a new trailer I can swap it right over. With any hope I will be able to cut the legs and move it over as one piece to a new trailer. I just cant make up my mind if I want to build a trailer of wait for a good deal to walk along. I had to pass up a 16 foot by 7 foot wide tandem for 600 bucks, I wasn't happy but the wife said we needed the money for important things.

I have started loading my pics to a pic site that resizes them and I can edit and correct the pics with ease, but I cant link them to the room. So here is a link to the site that I use.

http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfrie...eat=directlink

I realize I am no pro, but I think its starting to come along.

Hello Tom,
    Very interesting, This is used for tail gate party's or do you do catering?
    How do you remove the table from the ceiling?

g6Racer
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME

IMPORTANT.....What could be more important than man stuff like trailers and welding? I didnt notice a spot for the fridge. Is there one? What is the score bord looking thing at the back? Throw a shrimp on the barbi..... be right over

I'm diggin' it
    Why not re-furb and use the trailer it's on now? Looks like the cheapest way and heck paint hides a lot. Get some lumber as you go and do the floor etc.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

G6racer I dont cater for profit, I only do it for friends and family. A friend and myself do 3 to 6 contest a year but for that we use the large rig. I do help out with a fund raiser at least once a year where we will cook between 200 and 500 slabs of pork ribs. BTW the only tailgating I do is in my driveway, its safer that way. The tables are in a frame thats on a hinge that folds down and I can reach up chest high and get a hold of it and I'm ready to go.

57Belair, The fridge is next to the computer for now. When I come up with a good plan it will incorporate into the design. And the score board looking thing was suppose to be a football field and the stacks were suppose to be the goal post. As you can see I am no artist. Someone say SHRIMPS??? 6 or 8 of them wrapped in bacon and shoved on a stick is the only way to go.

FusionKing, The trailer that it is on now is fine for the time being. It is a narrow trailer, if I remember correctly the tires are only 6 feet apart and the springs are in sad shape. The frame is homemade from 2 in square tubing 5/16th wall. Like I said it is fine for now, I just dont want to travel with it on the highway as I am a little on the tall side now. So as long as I can move it I am happy. Well as long as the wife is happy.

Does anyone know of a product that I could use for this.
    During the design I had a flaw with the side flaps. When the sides are down I have about a 3 inch gap and when there up there is probably a 2 inch gap that I need to cover up with something. The reason I want to cover it is so that when it is raining my tables will stay dry. I have thought of using some kind of rubber but I want it to last in the sunlight. I do have 2 large banners that were made for outdoors, that I may try to cut and use. I would love to hear any ideas or input that anyone has.

Thanks Tom