Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your next project should be connecting a small hydraulic pump to the engine...

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Muy bien-Great job.

Default hydrostatic

I'm not too familiar with the latest models, but we had a 420 with "hydrostatic" that had accessory connections to plug in hydraulic doodads. The pump would run just about anything well we hooked up to it as long as we weren't driving full bore when we tried. Are these newer models not traditional hydrostatic or have they made the system less modification friendly where you have to add another pump?

Quote Originally Posted by wrench3047 View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the latest models, but we had a 420 with "hydrostatic" that had accessory connections to plug in hydraulic doodads. The pump would run just about anything well we hooked up to it as long as we weren't driving full bore when we tried. Are these newer models not traditional hydrostatic or have they made the system less modification friendly where you have to add another pump?
    This one has a hydrostat transmission, but I have not found any accessory plugs. It's a GX325 if anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated. I have found several projects for this around here, but the manual pumping sucks....Plus I have other ideas like a log splitter for this thing..

That will get a lot of use. I made my old john Deere into a mower/ dump bed