Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Robot, or a Robotic cart or wagon

I have been looking around here for projects to try to find something that might help me out.

I am in a wheelchair and have problems moving things from my van, to the back of my house which has a small hill to get around to my walk-in basement.

I saw this in the recreation projects part here and got me to thinking.

http://www.millerwelds.com/interests...ct/2780811531/

I have been into R/C cars/trucks for a LONG time and don't think the electronics would be a lot of problems, but would like to get some ideas on what most think might do the job.

I would like to have something that could carry a bit of weight, and that looked pretty beefy.

Drop me a note here, or a private message if you can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks, Jeff

If you go to www.machnebuilders.net they can probly help you be ase thee is guys over there that have built tractors and backhoes so the may be able to figur somthing out. I think some thing along the lines of aminiature forklift or wheel loader would work well.

Do you need it to be able to load and unload directly to your van or will you just be putting the items on the robot and you want it to help transport it to the back of your house?

I will just be using it to move items from one place to another. I can get them out of the van, but there is yard, gravel and a slight hill between the front to back.
    I have to wheel the chair myself, so hard to pull or push anything, but could use a remote control radio to drive it and control it.
    I basically need something that is pretty fast in being able to just throw something on it, and get it from point A to point B.
    I have a tractor and such I cut grass and do other things, but it is in the shed, and once I am on it I don't have the use of my chair, so it needs to be something I can control by remote.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by dudical26 View Post
    Do you need it to be able to load and unload directly to your van or will you just be putting the items on the robot and you want it to help transport it to the back of your house?

Maybe something like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHMVneIS5g
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

The one on the U-Tube was very neat.

Would be neat to find someone that was into the Battle-Bots, and had gotten out of it. Those parts they were, or are using to build them would be great for what I am wanting to do.

Right now in the R/C world the big thing is Rock Crawlers. They do have the power, but just not big enough, and if you made them in larger form don't think they would have the power.

Now people are seeing what I am wanting, something that I can put things on, sheet goods, dog food, anything I need to unload out of my van, and be able to take it around back. (it is he** getting old and being in a wheelchair too), but have come to the point in my life that I just don't have any help around the house and need to start on a build of something to help me out.

I am sure that with all the people out here and their ideas I will come up with something.

Keep the ideas coming.
    Jeff