Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey James, is that you on the bike??? I thought you were broken???
    YOU COULD GET HURT DOING THAT!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

yea thats me. thats one of them rock crawler bikes. it is about 100 lbs gassed up and ready to go. i was doing about 2 mph in circles. could have stepped off and walked away had a sandwich and came back before it fell over. neat bike, kinda looks like a banana with wheels. they are very good at what they do though no question about that. heck you can bunny hop it like you used to do a 20" bicycle as a kid.. just don't try sitting on the seat........well if you want to call it a seat.
    OH and thats a 7 year old pic, back when i was still just taking codeine for pain. my dirt bike riding days are purity much gone but a walk around the parking lot never hurt anyone.

now take a look at my first son at 2 and tell me he wasn't out of control. thats the coolest part of digital cameras you can flip threw old stuff like that.
    you have to view the 2 pic's in order, its a motion shot. some times i wonder how he servived to make it to 8.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by cpetrauskas View Post
    I would second the notion of avoiding the Kodak consumer-level cameras and go for a Fuji instead. Our studio camera is a Kodak SLR (Nikon body) but that's a whole other ($5000) animal.

The Fuji's have great optics and the xD card format they use is very fast and small and comes in high capacities. We have four of them at work
    (different vintages) in various departments and they work with little fuss.

The FinePix Exxx series is a good one.

Chris
    I agree with Chris. Not that I have tons of experience with different cameras but the one Kodak I tried several years ago left me wanting........something.

I bought a Fuji FinePix S5000 for $450 back in 2003 and I've never looked back...I use it all the time and the only thing that's ever gone wrong with it has been changing the batteries about once a month. It'll go all the way up to 6mP and the zoom is super! Macro is a breeze. I guess if I had to pick something to fuss about, it would be the lack of a WideAngle mode (ie: 28mm ILO 35mm).

Just my .02

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

Well I got it but they are sending the memory stick in a differnt package but you can take up to 10 pics with out 1 ,I like

Inferno Forge

Chris

Well, that means you can show us 10 pics at a time of your projects, let's see some. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

yeah , but its at home , I`am at my g-parents house now, I will have y`all some pics before long

Inferno Forge

Chris

take your 10 pics, save them to the computer, erase the camera, take 10 more, etc
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Cool camera's

This is what I got for my self for work and play.

Panasonic Lumix DMCFZ8K Digital Camera - Black
    7.2 megapixel 12x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom 2.5-inch high resolution LCD Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens Optical Image Stabilizer.Lithium ion Battery.

I'm good for about 650 pics with a 2 meg card.The battery will last about 2 weeks before a recharge.This is a middle of the road type of camera.
    If I were to write a review about this unit I would say get one you wont regreat it.

if it said its good for 10 pic's without a stick i would suspect its 10 pic's on high resolution. drop it down to low and you will likely get closer to 100.
    i just realized the camera i had before these 2 is also a Kodak easy share, it required 4 AA battery's witch was cool as it lasted longer but the USB load cable got messed up so we had to take the card out and download it separately, real pain. so we got a new one, the cx6230. after you get used to a digital camera its hard to think about going back to film. kinda like TV VS TV with a DVD, both let ya watch stuff but DVD gives you many more options. just couldn't imagine being without one now.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Darmik View Post
    This is what I got for my self for work and play.

Panasonic Lumix DMCFZ8K Digital Camera - Black
    7.2 megapixel 12x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom 2.5-inch high resolution LCD Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens Optical Image Stabilizer.Lithium ion Battery.

I'm good for about 650 pics with a 2 meg card.The battery will last about 2 weeks before a recharge.This is a middle of the road type of camera.
    If I were to write a review about this unit I would say get one you wont regreat it.
    2 meg card ?????????????????????????? do you mean gig?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge