Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

thanks James , probally order it this evening

Inferno Forge

Chris

well just ordered one here it is , also ordered a 2 gb memroy card http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=A1171339 I belive I `ll like it they said it would be shipped monday

Inferno Forge

Chris

well is that one good,
    James/Fun

how do you put all the pics on your puter? surely you don`t save them or do you? and can you delete pics that you put in posts on your pics file?

sorry don`t mean to pick on ya but you post so many pics.

Inferno Forge

Chris

Thumbs up

it should be fine. it looks like the next generation of mine. it also has the move making option the wife uses that for baby stuff she can send to her mom/sister.
    as for saving the pic's i download them from the camera to my computer and then put them in the file folders i want to keep them in if i want to keep them of into a temp. folder to upload to the site. i don't have my pic's posted to a hosting site so i cant put them into the posts so you see them without clicking on the link but after i have loaded it with the manage attachments button (below the submit reply button) i can delete it from my computer as its stored on Millers site/server so they are keeping it for every one here to see.
    i did not like the Kodak picture filing system because if you deleted a picture from one file it automatically deleted it from all other files it might be in on the computer. i copy my pic's to other folder for different reasons and if i chose to delete it from one i don't always want it gone from all other folders.
    the wife and i have several folders with pic's in them. we keep our camera on its lowest setting so its no biggie to have a few 1,000 pic's on the computer, other than finding the one you want. that can be a problem at times but its nice to have pic's from 6 years ago easy to access.

you should be real happy with that camera, looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    it should be fine. it looks like the next generation of mine. it also has the move making option the wife uses that for baby stuff she can send to her mom/sister.
    as for saving the pic's i download them from the camera to my computer and then put them in the file folders i want to keep them in if i want to keep them of into a temp. folder to upload to the site. i don't have my pic's posted to a hosting site so i cant put them into the posts so you see them without clicking on the link but after i have loaded it with the manage attachments button (below the submit reply button) i can delete it from my computer as its stored on Millers site/server so they are keeping it for every one here to see.
    i did not like the Kodak picture filing system because if you deleted a picture from one file it automatically deleted it from all other files it might be in on the computer. i copy my pic's to other folder for different reasons and if i chose to delete it from one i don't always want it gone from all other folders.
    the wife and i have several folders with pic's in them. we keep our camera on its lowest setting so its no biggie to have a few 1,000 pic's on the computer, other than finding the one you want. that can be a problem at times but its nice to have pic's from 6 years ago easy to access.

you should be real happy with that camera, looking forward to seeing your projects.
    THANKS JAMES, you helped me alot ,they shipped the camera today , I have a bunch of projects to take pics of

Inferno Forge

Chris

no problem i have a few of the same cameras only older models and have been very happy with them.
    they may not be pro. grade cameras for photographers but for a home camera, they are great.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

as long as there work for pics of my welding projects then its GREAT

Inferno Forge

Chris

My dad got the exact same camera when it first came out (several years ago). It is an excellent camera, but is a bit limited on zoom. Don't worry about the printer dock, you won't need it anyway. He moved on to a Sony after he saw my Kodak. Mine is a much more sophisticated camera. I've had my Kodak a year with no problems, but if I really want to get serious I get out my old Chinon.

The camera should come with adobe imageready if I remember correctly. It is software for optimizing photos for the web. High resolution images aren't necessary for the web and they take a long time uploading and downloading.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

i taped the plastic dock plate that comes with the camera to the top of my computer so i can set the camera into it wile its downloading threw the USB cord. but did not spend the $ for the dock, it seemed like a lot of $$ just so you don't have to plug in the USB cord ?? but the plastic dock plate keeps the camera from sliding off wile its on the computer.
    wireburner what operating system do you have on your computer ?? if its XP you should download the image resizer microsoft offers as a power toy. even on the lowest resolution your camera is going to be taking pic's over 100 kbs so you will still have to resize them to put on here. the image resizer dose this without blurring the pic and its simple to use. also dose several pic's at the same time. i just pick all the pic's i'm planing to upload and resize them all at once. its a real time saver to not have to open every pic and shrink them one at a time.
    as long as i can keep this computer from crashing and making me upgrade to VISTA i'll be ok. i don't think they have the resizer for VISTA. but from what i have herd about VISTA resizing is the least of its problems.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Wireburner,

I think you'll like that little Kodak. For the price you'll have invested it's a no-brainer! A friend has basically the same model, except for being 5.1 megapixel, the same zoom and everything. He loves it. As the guys here have pointed out, you don't need high resolution for posting on the internet or emailing. My wife and I both have Nikon cameras, and they have a 1024x768 setting that is just the right size for a 17" computer monitor, and it's only .8 meg. The 640x480 setting is great for posting here and emailing. A 512MB memory card will hold something like 2000 pictures. At the 3MB setting on my camera the 512MB card will still hold 590 pics. I upload the ones I want to keep to the computer, so 2 cards does everything I want to do. We have 3 digital cameras, and I don't really care for the programs that came with any of them. I just upload the pics to the computer using the Windows picture and fax viewer, and do any editing I want to do with Irfanview. Irfanview is a free photo program that you can download from www.irfanview.com I use Irfanview to make my avatar and signature pics for the internet forums that I frequent.
    Lincoln Tombstone 180 AC
    Hobart Handler 120
    Millermatic 210
    Old Harris O/A setup
    Victor SuperRange II on propane
    Hypertherm Powermax 380
    Ryobi 14" chop saw
    Milwaukee Sawzall
    A bunch of grinders
    A lotta other tools

Check out my website at: Ed Eldridge's Race Page

http://www.millerwelds.com/education/projects/mboard/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1518&dateline=1167491  754