Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    2 meg card ?????????????????????????? do you mean gig?
    I guess so it's the SD something I thought it was meg not gig I don't know I'll have to have a look.

1&2 gig's are the norm now. mine is several years old and is a 128MB card. not shore they would even bother with a 2 MB. not in about 12 years now would 2MB's be considerd worth adding..
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool

Okay I'm looking at it now and it says SD 2.0GB Kingston.This little guy is worth 650 pics and just the camera alone I can get 30 pics I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmik View Post
    This is what I got for my self for work and play.

Panasonic Lumix DMCFZ8K Digital Camera - Black
    7.2 megapixel 12x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom 2.5-inch high resolution LCD Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens Optical Image Stabilizer.Lithium ion Battery.

I'm good for about 650 pics with a 2 meg card.The battery will last about 2 weeks before a recharge.This is a middle of the road type of camera.
    If I were to write a review about this unit I would say get one you wont regreat it.
    Cool, I finally went digital last year, wanted something that would be up to the standards of my trusty old Nikon F4, so I went with a Nikon D200. Pretty happy with it, 10.2 MP, 5 FPS, etc, and went with the AF-SED 18-200 lens. Does pretty much everything I ask of it, though still haven't gotten used to all the controls yet One of these years... Pic quality is about as good as film unless you're going to really enlarge it, poster size or bigger, other than that, no complaints at all.

Ok the 2gb memory stick on the lowest setting will hold 4000 pics on it It takes GREAT pics I will get some in a few days

Inferno Forge

Chris

2 Gig should serve you well with that camera

I have a 2 Gig card for my little pocket camera.

I bought an Olympus Stylus 770 SW for my pocket - it's waterprrof to 10', shockproof from 5'. I figgered it was safer to carry on motorcycle rides than to risk my other camera.

For my other camera I use an 8 Gig card, 'cause well the 4 Gig just wasn't big enough!
    Last edited by harcosparky; 09-11-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Dang you must Take ALOOOTT of pictures

Inferno Forge

Chris

LOL ... at times I sure do.

Got tired of carrying a device ( laptop / portable copy ) to dump images to and empty the card. Went to a show at the end of July and in half of the first day took 857 images. Overall that weekend we took more than 2700 images.

It was a Japanese Animation convention and there were so many people in costumes, and they changed costumes several times each day.

The problem is, it seems the more 'card' I have the more I shoot. LOL

But we edit through a lot of the shots and weed out the bad ones.

It was worse before I converted to 100% digital and more expensive.

At least now the film is REUSABLE !

yeah it great cause its reusable

Inferno Forge

Chris

I have a Nikon cool-pix L4 that I bought from Wally World for $129. It's a great around-about camera. I think any modern name brand camera will do what you want to do. That's the fun of Digital camera's . Take a ton of pictures and save the ones you like. It's cheap to practice learning your camera.