Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Anyone have plans for a rack for full sized tires?

Greetings,

Newbie on here and I hope to learn much from the experts. I gave up on designing and welding up my first project..a welding cart. See I took a beginner's welding class 3 years ago and just this past summer purchased a Miller 180 mig machine. I kept reading on the forums here that the best first project would be a welding cart. Well friend of mine said he'd come over and help me get my feet wet again as I'd pretty much forgotten all that I learned. I gave up waiting and went out and bought a welding cart, so now I want to try this again.

I've changed out the wheels and tires on my '23 T-bucket and need to build a tire rack. Any help or assistance in designing this "simple" project would be greatly appreciated.

Rootbeernut

Sounds like you need to practice welding coupons.

When you're ready to build your tire rack pick the one you like -

http://images.google.com/images?clie...h+Images&gbv=2

Smile

Chuck,

Thanks for the reply and the Google sites for racks. There are some great ideas on there. I realize it's not a requirement to be a rocket scientist to build a tire rack, but it helps to have additional ideas on the size and style of rack. I have two tires that are 15.5" wide and these are "narrow" by t-bucket standards. Just need to have some place to store them up and out of the way.

I'll post my rack once I cash in some of my "welding coupons." LOL!!

Thank you once again Chuck.

Jerry