Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Unhappy Trailblazer 250G Problem

Hello,
    I recently purchased a Trailblazer 250G (from 1993). It has an intermittent problem, in which the amperage appears to dip. It will be welding just fine, and then the arc will suddenly become very close, and it will be incapable of melting the rod, and I will get either a stick or a build up of slag and the arc will stop. The close arc reminds me of the arc that is present right when you start welding, before the full amperage kicks in. The problem is also independent of whether or not the welder is set on "idle/run" or "run". If it is set on "idle/run", it will kick up to "run" mode, but still may or may not weld correctly. I replaced the rectifier on a whim, but it did not fix the problem, and upon further testing of the rectifier it seems to be functioning fine. If anyone has insight, or perhaps a dealer/repair shop's manual, please post!
    Thanks!
    Ben

Sounds like if your lucky weak brushes otherwise the likelyhood of a failed field regulating board is pretty good....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.