Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miller Dialarc 250 DC stick welder,Rectifier Problem,Needing some info Please

Hello,I have a Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC stick welder,had some problems with it and found the problem with it,in Between the Rectifier above the Fan (3-Plates) the Brass contacts thats between the plates thats soildered are Burned up,i took apart to fix but have had No luck finding anyone with the parts?,would anyone have a supplier,or maybe the parts of one thats Bad?they just want to sell the entire Rectifier which is costly,I thought about just making the Brass contacts if couldnt get them,has anyone else done this.thanks for all the Posts here as they have been a Big help already,I hope to likewise be a help God Bless... eric from NC

Helpfull to know the age of the machine for that particular rectifier, If it's before a serial# starting with KF, that particular rectifier is not available, though the diodes are still available

You should be able to buy the diodes local fairly cheap.

Cheers

nothing is before the serial #,just the serial # KF974859,where would i get the Dioides?,also is the Dioides the brass contacts? or the round headed thing with 2 wires conecting the 2 plates,what burned up is the 2 prong brass contact that one of the main Bolts that hold the plates,the bolt goes through the Brass contact. if needed i could take a picture,

Default Dialarc

Let's see a picture. We probably have what you need and the diodes are only about 20.00 if one is bad. PM anytime. weldersales

Here is the brass contacts,one is good as in the picture but i have a few burned up.is this the Dioide?
    Attached Images Attached Images

here is the Rectifier on another welder I have Both of the welders are the same as are the Rectifiers,i took this Rectifier off and put it on the welder thats bad and it started working just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats a # 172504 rectifier, has to be replaced as an assembly, they cost anywhere from $221 to $334 US.
    Maybe weldersales has a used one...

Yea your right,I called and talked to a welding place here and they said they only sale as one piece,I still believe if I cant find them I will try to make them,its a shame to junk the whole thing when everthing else seems to be fine.

The diodes are available, just have to be careful when dismantling and pressing the diodes back into the plates. You can buy cheaper rectifiers that would do just as good a job.

Cheers