Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Hmmm!

Hello!

I'm new to this forum!

That is a tough question.

I guess it would have to be a tie between the ss plate of a friend of mine's upper dental partial and a badly leaking crack in 50' aluminum diving boat's hull while it was in the water. The only way to keep the crack dry was to bring the boat up to almost full speed to create a negative pressure outside the hull's crack. There were lots of waves that day!:

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblemaker View Post
    Hello!

I'm new to this forum!

That is a tough question.

I guess it would have to be a tie between the ss plate of a friend of mine's upper dental partial and a badly leaking crack in 50' aluminum diving boat's hull while it was in the water. The only way to keep the crack dry was to bring the boat up to almost full speed to create a negative pressure outside the hull's crack. There were lots of waves that day!:

Cheers!

I like that last one...that is truly thinking out of the box!!
    What did you use to do it??

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Default Hmmm!

Hello again!

The Captain of the boat had a millermatic 135 with I believe...a spoolmate 3035 and was using an SGA 100 control box!

It actually worked quite well. He uses it to do regular maintenance on the boat...but not ususally under those rough circumstances! It was pretty tight in there under the berth.

Cheers!