Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I welded a bra underwire, it is a curved piece of stainless about 1/8" wide and about .030 thick. It was not pretty but it worked.

I also welded my cell phone belt clip, it was riveted together but they gave out so I welded the stainless and the spring steel together and it is still working.

-Dan
    Owner
    DW Metalworks LLC
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 8RC Feeder
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
    Hobart Handler 135
    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
    Smith O/A Torch Set
    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

I just had one that was worth digging up this thread.

Today, I welded the bronze statue of an early Supreme Court Justice. I was told that an authentic replica would cost $250,000 but the original was irreplaceable.

The damage to the monument was likely done by would-be metal thieves trying to scrap it.

I'll tell you this - I had to work my butt off to fight cracking. And man did I do a lot of peening. But it's done and looks good.

One of the more "unusual" things I've gotten the call for.
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybagger View Post
    I just had one that was worth digging up this thread.

Today, I welded the bronze statue of an early Supreme Court Justice. I was told that an authentic replica would cost $250,000 but the original was irreplaceable.

The damage to the monument was likely done by would-be metal thieves trying to scrap it.

I'll tell you this - I had to work my butt off to fight cracking. And man did I do a lot of peening. But it's done and looks good.

One of the more "unusual" things I've gotten the call for.

Did you happen to snap a pic or two when you wuz fixin' it?
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Of course I took pics! I'll eventually post them.
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Golf cart battery box, at a nudist colony.
    Miller 225 -Rip Miller 302 -Miller 135 Mig
    Lincoln 200 Mig 1990 SA 200
    Hypertherm 600 Plasma - Plasma Cam Cutting Table
    Makita Cold Saw And a John Deere 4030 for my right hand man. JL Welding tx.com

Quote Originally Posted by JL_Welding View Post
    Golf cart battery box, at a nudist colony.
    they looking for any more help?
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2

Did I forget to say it was a retirement nudist colony.I will never be able to look at another leaf blower the same again.
    Miller 225 -Rip Miller 302 -Miller 135 Mig
    Lincoln 200 Mig 1990 SA 200
    Hypertherm 600 Plasma - Plasma Cam Cutting Table
    Makita Cold Saw And a John Deere 4030 for my right hand man. JL Welding tx.com

Quote Originally Posted by JL_Welding View Post
    Did I forget to say it was a retirement nudist colony.I will never be able to look at another leaf blower the same again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    A stainless medical device used by a OBGYN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Seaman View Post
    I fixed a tool that a rancher friend of mine uses. It is made to put rubber bands on Bulls for castration. Yes, I did wash it before, I touched it.

Wierd enough?

Peace,
    Paul

Thats all i have to say!!
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

My strangest would have to be a lampshade and an air horn off a Mack truck . It just seems to me it would have been cheaper to replace them.
    Miller Suitcase 12VS
    Miller 225 Bobcat
    Miller 30A Spool Gun & Aluminum WC Box
    Lincoln SP-200 "Ezmeralda"
    Lincoln SP-100 (Sold)
    1970's Era Sears-Farm AC/220 "Invincible" (Sold)
    Parker Plasma 40
    Tig Torch "One day, one day, I must learn to use"

Default Hmmm!

Hello!

I'm new to this forum!

That is a tough question.

I guess it would have to be a tie between the ss plate of a friend of mine's upper dental partial and a badly leaking crack in 50' aluminum diving boat's hull while it was in the water. The only way to keep the crack dry was to bring the boat up to almost full speed to create a negative pressure outside the hull's crack. There were lots of waves that day!:

Cheers!