Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Could I get Bernard's Phone #

Tim, I appreciate that info, could I get Bernard's # from ya ?
    Thanks Jon

John,

You bet! Bernard's C/S number is; 708-946-2281. I am convinced we will really like the MM252 with some hours under the hood. I am looking forward to some better weather so I can run some dual shield with it (outside).

If you haven't done so already there is some good resources under Mig on the company side of this site, as well the Handbook is really well written.

It might be me but I keep having to turn the voltage slightly lower then the starting point on the chart for my work (technique, or lack there of) probably has a lot to do with it.

Tim
    Retired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
    AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
    MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrachop View Post
    I am hoping to start building some roll cages and exocages, bumpers and other off road projects to "justify" my craving for more shop tools and to make Craig nervous!
    Tim
    Yupin' yiminy, you and I just aren't goin' to get along are we? First you buy a Dynasty 200 DX to tease me. Then you buy a 252 to poke a stick in my eye. Next on the list is a Springfield XD 40 to p!ss me off. And now you're gonna build roll cages and other cool off road pieces to ruin my day. So, any room in yer garage fer my cot??

I will post my results as I am always learning (heck at my age) I might as well go out practicing!!
    Age has nothing to do with it. Job satisfaction is what's happening.
    Besides I am trying to catch up to Craig for number of hours welding and not getting paid to do it. (LOL)
    He!!, I'd pay to do this. Oh, wait a minit, I am paying to do this. :-)
    Last edited by Craig in Denver; 03-19-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Craig,

Thought I would give you an update, today a friend came over and brought his Semi-auto (russian built) 12 gauge with 15 round clip (now that is a heater) I showed him some of your whinning posts and he said I could keep the Shotgun to guard the shop investments!! You are welcome anytime to come on up and hole up in the shop! I just got my 330cf Argon tank filled and a pak of blue tungsten so you can practice on the Dynasty and see if you really want one? I won't be welding Saturday as I am going to another gun show to see if I can find some more 40 ammo for my XD. (put 50 rounds down the tube yesterday and not one FTF. (sweet)

Are you packed yet??

Tim
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Craig,

Thought I would give you an update, today a friend came over and brought his Semi-auto (russian built) 12 gauge with 15 round clip (now that is a heater) I showed him some of your whinning posts and he said I could keep the Shotgun to guard the shop investments!! You are welcome anytime to come on up and hole up in the shop! I just got my 330cf Argon tank filled and a pak of blue tungsten so you can practice on the Dynasty and see if you really want one? I won't be welding Saturday as I am going to another gun show to see if I can find some more 40 ammo for my XD. (put 50 rounds down the tube yesterday and not one FTF. (sweet)

Are you packed yet??

Tim
    Sheet, I'm still proof-reading my post and you come up with this. 15 round clip in a 12 gauge, now that's gotta be fun. Whadda mean "whinning posts" Hey, for what's in yer garage, I'll take a chance on that 12 ga. I'm packed, see ya Saturday. I just have to miss the Tannner Gun Show this weekend. 50 rounds and no FTF, well, now I want one more!!
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Craig,

this has got to stop!! I am really a nice guy and you never whine. I read that Twin turbo thread and now I want to get a "real Crotch rocket" I read what NLR said about pulsing and the settings he posted, but haven't quite figured out how that would be emulated on a Dynasty 200dx?? I got the peak amps at 200, the freq set at 200 but the other two settings didn't quite compute??

My son just bought a Yamaha RI and he wants me to get on?? (better stick to my 110hp Show polished 117ci SS Vtwin so I can live to be as young as and maybe be able to weld up my own AL urn?

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=27817
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Cool

Craig,

this has got to stop!! I am really a nice guy and you never whine. No you aren't, yes I do. I read that Twin turbo thread and now I want to get a "real Crotch rocket" I read what NLR said about pulsing and the settings he posted, but haven't quite figured out how that would be emulated on a Dynasty 200dx?? I don't have a clue?? I got the peak amps at 200, the freq set at 200 but the other two settings didn't quite compute?? I still don't have a clue??
    My son just bought a Yamaha RI and he wants me to get on?? Oh, chit; that can't be good. (better stick to my 110hp Show polished 117ci SS Vtwin so I can live to be as young as and maybe be able to weld up my own AL urn?
    I saw that bike on one of your posts and it's real Pretty. I can't imagine YOU welding on it.

Here's tonite's welds. 1/8" plate with 1/8" filler. The outside corners were done with no filler. The fillets were done with 1/8" filler. Not bragging fer sure, just showing.

Well now, there's a hijack in progress; this thread started out as a MIG thread. Ultrachop and I turned it into a TIG thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Craig,

I was having so much fun teasing u that I forgot it was a Mig thread

No doubt the guys that can stack them dimes consistantly give you and me a lot to look forward to. (I plan to cut up some more 1/8" coupons today/tomorrow and start all over (my other coupons look like someone tried to hard face on them

OP- I won't continue the hijack (I am off to a gun show) to look for a XD40 for Craig

Tim
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

Dang Craig,

What you building there? Looks like a stairway to Heaven.

Just don't trip on those "dimes" on the way up.

Default "Heck's Nuts"

Sundowner/straightshot!

Hey, just a headsup! I called Bernard today to see what was up with my attempt to convert my Miller M-25 gun to a Centerfire Bernard frontend.

This is what I found, (I needed what is called a "Hexnut insulator" Part#4780 to complete the conversion) For some reason this part is not listed on the conversion chart on their website.

The good news is after checking 4 LSW's within 50 miles of my place and nto finding the part, the WONDERFUL customer service representative at Bernard informed me "not to worry" they would take care of me! In fact she said she was putting the complete setup including an additonal 10 .030 contacts and 1ea flush and recesses Copper/Brass nozzles in a box and ship to me FOC!! Folks that is a company that will prosper in resessed economic times!!!

Tim:
    UltraChop: Appreciate the info, I called Bernard this morning, and they are sending me one. No extra freebies, though, but I still can't complain!

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"