Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New But Not

thanks for the compliments on the bridge, it was alot of fun. the upper and lower frame is made of 3x3 .125 wall square and the "webbing" is of 2x2 1/4 wall square. the deck cross members are made of 3/8 structural square zee bar 3x3. i also forgot to mention that i also have a synchrowave 200. it is dedicated to tig on aluminum, though. as for the question"what is an arc one inverter?" it is a 110 volt cc machine made by arc one. smaller than the maxstar by miller and not as good either but 6 to 7 hundred bucks cheaper. i needed a "backpacker machine" to weld some "big *** fans" to girders in a building. see pics below. it is a 24 foot ceiling fan and the 1/0 leads from my legend were too much to handle 45 foot up on an extension ladder. the inverter weighs like 7 to 10 pounds comes with a shoulder strap and will weld 100 amps at 60%. i had to weld up a support frame to the girders to hold up the fans.the fan company is called "big as s fans" check them out at bigassfans.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by welder_one; 08-17-2007 at 03:58 PM.
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

here are some pics of my hot water tank grill
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

here is a pic of my old rig truck next to a hitachi ex 1100 shovel. this was in the rock quarries. i had to hard face the bucket. took me about 48 or so hours.
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Quote Originally Posted by BWS29128 View Post
    I love Miller's 304 welders, but my Champion 10,000 won't power it and the money for a wire-feed system (as opposed to a spool gun) just isn't in my cards at the moment...

~Clint
    I really like the 304 as well but i wish i had gotten the next one bigger. the arc characteristics on stick are awesome, but when i get to the big aluminum stuff it really starts to lag behind with duty cycle and all.
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

Welcome aboard! those are some nice projects

Inferno Forge

Chris

that is one SERIOUSLY bigazzshovel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shiite Muslim, Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fan website is really kewl...never seen anything quite like that before.

Do you have a website for ArcOne? Nothing I'm trying is coming up on Google. I'd like to see their stuff.

I still think I'll end up wth either a MM210 or a MM212 with spool gun by Monday afternoon. Probably an HTP version of the 3035, but I've been wanting to buy something from them for over two years. One of these days I'm GOING to shell out the $3000 for their Invertig201 AC/DC!

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

Never mind..........after all of that, I accidentally joined the two words and found them by accident!

http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/weldingmachines.htm

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

Quote Originally Posted by BWS29128 View Post
    Never mind..........after all of that, I accidentally joined the two words and found them by accident!
    that is funny, my local weld supply carried the arc one inverter. now they will try to sell the maxstar. a friend used to work there and he demo'ed the machine to me and said it would burn 1/8 7018 rods. if it don't bring it back. i took it home and tried it out. plugged it in to 110 power and i burned about 2 pounds of 1/8 7018 before i gave up on trying to make it cycle out. it is a little hard to start the arc though. it wont run 3/32 6010, but will run 3/32 6011, not 1/8 6011. arc1 said that it will scratch start tig, so i tried. let me tell you now, dont waste your time. it is a very good stick machine though.
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

here are a couple more pics of some projects: an aluminum dust pan (boredom) and a 2 legged bar stool out of aluminum. i thought my shop at home needed a little more stuff crammed in somehow.lol ooh, i almost forgot... also a pic of an aluminum parts washer/ solvent tank. (i have access to a lot of "scrap" aluminum)
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com

one more of the bar stool
    welder_one

www.sicfabrications.com