Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod Box?

Most water coolers I have seen (Igloo, Rubbermaid, etc) have no vapor seal on the lid. That's why I went with the old (small) refrig.

They can be picked up at the local thrift shop or want ads for nearly nothing. If you're close to a college, you can find them sitting on the lawn as the kids clean out their dorm rooms.

I'd think an old discarded microwave would even be better than a water cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    Most water coolers I have seen (Igloo, Rubbermaid, etc) have no vapor seal on the lid. That's why I went with the old (small) refrig.

They can be picked up at the local thrift shop or want ads for nearly nothing. If you're close to a college, you can find them sitting on the lawn as the kids clean out their dorm rooms.

I'd think an old discarded microwave would even be better than a water cooler.
    I `ve seena bunch with the the little ref. , but the mircowave sounds pretty good to

Inferno Forge

Chris

Go to Harbor Freight and get one rod tube for each type of rod you plan to keep. I get mine there and I live in New Orleans. I go through rods pretty fast, but they keep for a couple months in them, and unless you are doing code level welding with them you should have no problems. Open it, get a few rods out and close it right back up.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Wireburner, if you had a choice between the microwave and the small refridgerator, go with the fridge! That seal is a LOT better than a microwave! Had another friend that did that and had a 40watt bulb in there lit all the time, worked GREAT for him! What Sundown III said, go by the college campuses on a Sunday!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time