Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: branding pot

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Okotoks Alberta Canada
    Posts
    919

    Default branding pot

    I like to build stuff when things get slow, here's a branding pot I made for a rancher his brands where BAR ANCHOR TEE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salem ,Ohio
    Posts
    3,894

    Cool

    Thats cool. I made some brands for my dads bee keeping boxes but we just used a torch to heat it. Yours is for more production...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North of Phila. PA
    Posts
    404

    Default

    I'd love to see a closer pict of the heads of the irons. Look different from the ones I usually see.

    Nice looking heater for them BTW.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City UT
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Nice work on the brands. Looks even on the test wood.
    That heater, is it a propane weed burner?
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Okotoks Alberta Canada
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by g6Racer View Post
    Nice work on the brands. Looks even on the test wood.
    That heater, is it a propane weed burner?
    yes it is, we call them tiger torches here in Alberta, not sure why seeing as its to cold in the winter time for tigers

    DSW I rap the ends like that so the brands dont roll when they are put in the pot. If one part of the brand isnt getting hot then you can flip them over to the other side(if you know what I mean??) it also feels good in your hand it gives some weight to the end of the iron, kind of like good golf clubs, its hard to explain unless you pick them up yourself, if you make a set try it and you will see what I mean,the last reason is because the are very rugged irons, they dont bend very easy, even if and when the iron is hot the heads dont bend making for uneven brands.
    The picture kind of shows what I am trying to say, I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-08-2009 at 08:17 AM.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    11

    Default

    You needed to make a flat spot on the top of the heater for calf fries

    G3

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Okotoks Alberta Canada
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G3farms View Post
    You needed to make a flat spot on the top of the heater for calf fries

    G3
    I already did, thats whats on the end on the very top, its just a small little frying pan, I would have made it bigger buy the rancher just wanted a little one?? so I made that one.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North of Phila. PA
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Thanks that makes it easier to see. I like the look of them and they certainly look sturdy. I didn't think that the wraps were just those little joint hiders that they use on metal fence pickets and such.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove, Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    yes it is, we call them tiger torches here in Alberta, not sure why seeing as its to cold in the winter time for tigers

    DSW I rap the ends like that so the brands dont roll when they are put in the pot. If one part of the brand isnt getting hot then you can flip them over to the other side(if you know what I mean??) it also feels good in your hand it gives some weight to the end of the iron, kind of like good golf clubs, its hard to explain unless you pick them up yourself, if you make a set try it and you will see what I mean,the last reason is because the are very rugged irons, they dont bend very easy, even if and when the iron is hot the heads dont bend making for uneven brands.
    The picture kind of shows what I am trying to say, I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
    Dan Dan Dan, I thought a man of your distinction would know why a Tiger torch is called a Tiger Torch! If you look on the end of the torch you will be amazed to know that Tiger is the company and wait for it Made in Airdrie. I found out from my dad he insists that's the only thing Airdrie is famous for. Oh yeah and Lynx Welding of course but that goes without saying!!! It's a balmy -36c thins morn might go plow the driveway for sh**'s and giggles!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Okotoks Alberta Canada
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked one View Post
    Dan Dan Dan, I thought a man of your distinction would know why a Tiger torch is called a Tiger Torch! If you look on the end of the torch you will be amazed to know that Tiger is the company and wait for it Made in Airdrie. I found out from my dad he insists that's the only thing Airdrie is famous for. Oh yeah and Lynx Welding of course but that goes without saying!!! It's a balmy -36c thins morn might go plow the driveway for sh**'s and giggles!
    Well kook at that, I never knew that, hmm who'd thunk eh! ya that Lynx welding is the poster "BOY" for welding !! He should have his own reality show, in Airdrie, I heard he welds for Paul Brant all the time. We'll most likely see him in the next Ford truck commercial, Maybe a singing welder reality show is in the works

    -17 here today its real windy!! so it must be up around -30ish bad day to be a welder
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137