Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: branding pot

Hybrid View

Default branding pot

I like to build stuff when things get slow, here's a branding pot I made for a rancher his brands where BAR ANCHOR TEE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Cool

Thats cool. I made some brands for my dads bee keeping boxes but we just used a torch to heat it. Yours is for more production...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I'd love to see a closer pict of the heads of the irons. Look different from the ones I usually see.

Nice looking heater for them BTW.

Nice work on the brands. Looks even on the test wood.
    That heater, is it a propane weed burner?
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME

Quote Originally Posted by g6Racer View Post
    Nice work on the brands. Looks even on the test wood.
    That heater, is it a propane weed burner?
    yes it is, we call them tiger torches here in Alberta, not sure why seeing as its to cold in the winter time for tigers

DSW I rap the ends like that so the brands dont roll when they are put in the pot. If one part of the brand isnt getting hot then you can flip them over to the other side(if you know what I mean??) it also feels good in your hand it gives some weight to the end of the iron, kind of like good golf clubs, its hard to explain unless you pick them up yourself, if you make a set try it and you will see what I mean,the last reason is because the are very rugged irons, they dont bend very easy, even if and when the iron is hot the heads dont bend making for uneven brands.
    The picture kind of shows what I am trying to say, I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
    Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-08-2009 at 08:17 AM.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

You needed to make a flat spot on the top of the heater for calf fries

G3

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    yes it is, we call them tiger torches here in Alberta, not sure why seeing as its to cold in the winter time for tigers

DSW I rap the ends like that so the brands dont roll when they are put in the pot. If one part of the brand isnt getting hot then you can flip them over to the other side(if you know what I mean??) it also feels good in your hand it gives some weight to the end of the iron, kind of like good golf clubs, its hard to explain unless you pick them up yourself, if you make a set try it and you will see what I mean,the last reason is because the are very rugged irons, they dont bend very easy, even if and when the iron is hot the heads dont bend making for uneven brands.
    The picture kind of shows what I am trying to say, I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
    Dan Dan Dan, I thought a man of your distinction would know why a Tiger torch is called a Tiger Torch! If you look on the end of the torch you will be amazed to know that Tiger is the company and wait for it Made in Airdrie. I found out from my dad he insists that's the only thing Airdrie is famous for. Oh yeah and Lynx Welding of course but that goes without saying!!! It's a balmy -36c thins morn might go plow the driveway for sh**'s and giggles!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
    Id have to say turn the torch down if your brands are flipping back over, we run 4 torches and never had one flip over on me, no idea how they could

This is my regersterd brand with the Department of Food and Agriculture

The little one I used to put my mark on BBQ steaks for partys, gave it a personal touch, I put my mark on just about anything.
    Fab Tech