Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default My first project pics.

Hello all. I thought I would post some pics of my first project ever with a tig welder, or a welder in general. Using the new Miller Diversion 165 welder here.

I jumped right into welding aluminum, have yet to even practice with stainless or mild steels.

So, here it is. I own a Mitsu Eclipse that I turbocharged and what not, and I decided to modify my intercooler. I want both the inlet and outlet on the same side. The intercooler I have, had end tanks on both sides. So, I cut off one side and made a flow plate and then made a block off plate for the other side, welded that between the two inlet and outlet and thus far, this is what I have. I should be finished with this project tomorrow night!

http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/025.JPG
    http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/030.JPG
    http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/036.JPG
    http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/040.JPG
    http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/041.JPG

Nice looking welds for your first attempt.

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport

Would like to see the finished project, show more pic's when done.
    "If you will not, then you can not.."

Default Just Curious

How are you going to manage the air flow? With the inlet and outlet on the same side, unless you cut your intercooler in half and separate it you will lose most of your cooling efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    How are you going to manage the air flow? With the inlet and outlet on the same side, unless you cut your intercooler in half and separate it you will lose most of your cooling efficiency.
    I made a block off plate on the inlet/outlet side of the intercooler. I welded the plate to one of the bars on the actual intercooler itself to seperate the two halfs....It should flow just fine.

Widersturbo,

Good job! You look like a natural! You are really going to upset Craig and you make me look like a clutz as I have been practicing for going on 3 months with the machine I paid twice as much for!

Look forward to seeing more photos!

Tim
    Retired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
    AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
    MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder