Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder
    www.myspace.com/garrettdurio

A little off topic, but how do you like the 7" metal cased makita grinder

Quote Originally Posted by garrettdurio View Post
    love welding with the millermatic 180
    Nice job, keep up the good ideas. I do have a small suggestion though. In pic #6, the way you have the torch cord warped will kink over time and could put undue stress on the wire feeder. Try to keep a good radius in it when hanging the cord.

Crap, I hate it when I don't read all of the post before I respond. Sorry about the same thought.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 03-08-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Did not read the whole thred.
    "If you will not, then you can not.."

The problem I see with the storage on top is that you're gonna want to use that space to put your plasma cutter up there someday. And when you go to put small parts (like tips, etc) on it they will fall through the expanded.
    Nice work though.......

Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    A little off topic, but how do you like the 7" metal cased makita grinder
    Actually the 7" is a Black and Decker and it is very heavy but free.
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Nice job, keep up the good ideas. I do have a small suggestion though. In pic #6, the way you have the torch cord warped will kink over time and could put undue stress on the wire feeder. Try to keep a good radius in it when hanging the cord.

Crap, I hate it when I don't read all of the post before I respond. Sorry about the same thought.

yes #6 does have a hard bend but if you look at #8 i softened the bend a little. i will more than likely push the machine back some.

thanks
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    The problem I see with the storage on top is that you're gonna want to use that space to put your plasma cutter up there someday. And when you go to put small parts (like tips, etc) on it they will fall through the expanded.
    Nice work though.......
    Actually when that day comes it will be a good reason for another project "New Cart"

Thanks
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder

Default MIG Cart Addition

Hi, Garrett.
    Nice job. I know you will enjoy the improvements you made on the standard cart.
    I wonder if you have any problem changing wire, adjusting tension, etc.?
    Here is my version. The handle is bolted on in case I want to take it off in the future. The handle makes it much easier to move and manuver around. The lead hangers are great, and I can hang my helmet there to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

thats the biggest problem i have is hanging the mig gun with out kinking it, i just roll the mig up and hold it in different places before i weld a hanger on.
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

bump to top
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw