Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Welding cart addition

New to Mig Welding. Added on to cart to give better acess to storage. Also to give proper storage for leads and gun. Paint cart Miller Blue and welding/chop table saw next to come. PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by garrettdurio; 03-07-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Default More pics

love welding with the millermatic 180

Default Yet more pics

proud of my work

garrett,

Do me a favor and reinstall the guards on those grinders (4 1/2" and 7").

I've seen what a 7" grinder can do when it "gets away", and it's not pretty. I'd hate to see your welding progression stop because you lost the use of a hand or arm.

Next time post a few more pictures.(Just kidding) looks good,but as mentioned by Sundown put those guards back on and leave the grinder accidents to the professionals.Gloves dont do no justice when a wire wheel or grinding disk meet.Maybe we should start a thread pertaining to grinding incidents.My last run in was last year while on my knees grinding a piece of metal on the ground.Grinder got lodged between the metal and my knee(which was being used as a hold down device) only for a split second but long enough to make a 1/4 inch gash in it.Then add to that I had to stich it up myself.(didnt have insurance.)Like the saying goes "If your going to be dumb you better be tough."
    Last edited by fabricator; 03-07-2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default guards

thanks for the concern. the grinders were given to me from my father-in-law i am in the process of looking for the guards now.
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder
    www.myspace.com/garrettdurio

One thing to be aware of. You can kink the liner on the gun if you put to tight a bend on it at the front of the machine. The way the cart is set up with the gun lead running down the side like that then back up its posible to do this several ways.

I would try and slide the machine back a bit so that the gun lead prjecting out the front is a bit more protected by the cart. I have gone thru about 10 or 12 liners because the guys in the shop would try and cram my mig in the corner or shove something up againts the face and kink the liner. You can't see it unless you look REAL close, but you'll know it when the machine starts to feed eratically for no aparent reason. Drove me nuts trying to figure it out the 1st time they did it.

Don't get me wrong, the design isn't bad, its just something that you need to be aware of so that you don't accidentally damage the liner and then can't understand why you can't get the machine to weld quite right.

Nice job in general. Looks good.

It looks good

My only question is whether there's enough room for the
    side door to open fully and stay open or does the top-shelf
    get in the way (or is there a catch of some kind... magnet?...
    that I didn't see (i'm at the end of intermittent net service right
    now and didn't look at all the pix -- if some pic answers my
    question, apologies...)

frank

Smile

Please resize your photos for the internet. 800 x 600 is big enough or 150kb. Many are still on dial-up and won't wait for such large files to download. Like me.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

i will try to remember
    Garrett R. Durio
    Millermatic 180
    Dewalt 14" chop saw
    B&D 7" grinder
    Skill 4 1/2" Grinder
    www.myspace.com/garrettdurio