Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

thanks Jolly Roger, i'm going to make some time to burn up a bunch tomorrow. so with a little luck i'll have some good pic's for you all tomorrow night.
    we were running it on DCEP. so thats what i'm going to stick with. i would rather learn it on DCEP and have AC be easy later then do it the easy way and have trouble later.
    wish me luck.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

jwsrep, nice to show James a few things! I offered to help James, but he didn't want to fly down here!!!! Nice that you guys are so close together
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    jwsrep stopped by this after noon and showed me what it should look like and gave me a better idea of what i should be doing and a new way to hold the stinger.
    jwsrep,
    Do you have a picture of that grip? I'm always interested in finding a better way to do things.

James, Jonnymag wants you to be a hand model
    I'm not late...

oh, btw, James, GREAT improvement!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...

jonnymag
    Do you have a picture of that grip? I'm always interested in finding a better way to do things

i'll pop a pic of it tomarow.............. today realy. for ya
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

well i got to play for a little bit, here are the results and the way i griped it.......kinda sorta i think, some thing like this. sorry i'm not 100% shore thats how he showed me but its close. mainly its about grabbing up close to the top to keep the wobble down.
    i'm just going to post up the pic's as i took them. some are the first stick and as it goes on i show some restarts where i started the next stick after i ran out. as you may guess not all the restarts with the 2nd stick went so well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

a few more. i did my best to just get good pic's, and kept all but my last piece in small size. for fast load and view.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

some more........
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

here are the last of them. i ran the hole way from bottom to top with 3 or 4 sticks restarting as needed. i cleaned off all the slag before restarting.
    for my first real day of putting some time in doing the up weld i think i di ok. feel free to give advice good or bad.

all these were done with 1/8" 7018 DCEP at 110amps on some 1/4" steel.
    thanks

anyone know how to adjust the dig on a TA-185 ?? or if you can ?? i guess i better go over the manual again as i have no idea what its set at ??.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES