Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Round Bale Trailer

Has anyone built a round bale trailer/dollie? The trailer I have seen holds one bale, and it scoops the bale off the ground. It would be a good welding project, but probably not much less expensive than buying a factory built model. What do you think? Are there any plans available? Thanks.

I have never seen this but from your description It sounds simple basicly you would have to have a trailer with a scoop of some sort mounted near the rear of the trailer and it would scoop up and hold the bale

Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Cant help you on the trailer ,but I did see an old school bus converted to haul round bales,Guy bought the bus at a county auction and left enough cab on for the driver,made a flatbed out of the rest.Worked great

the ones we use carry 8 at once 12 if you double stack. thier made out of 8" pipe that goes down the center and as smaller pipe welded on both sides roughly 5' apart. one has wagon style tongue and one has gooseneck style. let me know if your intersted and I'll take some pics for you. thier both loaded right know but should be empty by friday.

Gnuse Manufacturing in Arlington,Nebraska,builds a great one.
    Miller Pipepro 304
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Lincoln HD 175
    Victor Jr. torch
    Purox angle head torch
    Smith torch
    Atlas Lathe
    Bridgeport mill