Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Welded Farm Art

Threaded View

Default Welded Farm Art

Hi All!
    I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am a retired mechanical engineering designer, 35 years. I started stick welding and gas cutting on the farm when I was probably 10 years old. Learned the hard way to not stare at Grandpa welding when I was about 6.... Ha! Ooh! what eye pain that night!

In 94 I bought a Millermatic 130/gas to do some tinkering with and it grew into this hobby. I can't make the large welds as the pros do, but I can sure butter a weld across a corner of a 16 ga. edge. I can also weld two ends of a thin wire together. It's 90% sound and 10% trigger speed.

I also do some early Corvette frame restoratioin for a friend, along with some miscellaneous steel shop weldments and repairs for friends and neighbors.

The Millermatic is my best friend errr next to my wife and dogs. Right now it is at the hospital gettting some wire feed problems resolved.

I read where some guys are lambasting the electronic helmet, but I have to say my quality on this tiny stuff doubled once I got the helmet. Prior to that it was set-up, close eyes, fire. A friend warned me that guys have gone blind welding with their eyelids closed. Decided I needed the electronic setup.

Hope to visit often and pickup ideas and get help.

To see more of my projects visit my Photobucket Site:
    <Click Here>

Weld On!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kmomaha; 03-02-2009 at 07:49 PM.