Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Default They've earned it, I'll throw in my $.02

Double Thumbs Up to Clay and the staff at Ace Maunfacturing.

I have been scouring over their products for quite a while now, and the fit and finish are excellent. They offer a neat, clean organized skid unit, that really has no equal that I have found.

I wouldn't think twice about calling them up and having them build and ship me a skid - sight unseen - and know that I would be very satisfied when it arrived.

Clay has been very generous of his time, trading e-mails, pictures, and ideas with me over the past year or so. He has sent me numerous pictures of rig ups that are not available on the website, just for me to look at, and get my opinions. Man, oh, man... Some seriously NICE STUFF. I am very comfortable dealing with him.

Now, I do not usually indulge myself, and post up this type of testimonial, but times are tough, and I don't see why I can't spend a few minutes supporting a fellow forum member, and the company he works for.

Bob's deck is Top Shelf too - A work of Art.... I just don't wanna POLISH IT!!!
    Last edited by Black Wolf; 03-03-2009 at 07:16 PM.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Thanks for the kind words DMK and Black Wolf.
    I build every deck/ skid like it's going on MY truck.
    Of course I can't build all of this stuff myself so when one of the other guys is building a part, I keep a pretty good eye on them and constantly stress to them how much the whole project is worth. Then I ask them what they'd want to see if it was THEIR MONEY, that's usually enough to keep them on their toes.

After all our motto is "Quality that outperforms".
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Double Thumbs Up to Clay and the staff at Ace Maunfacturing.

I have been scouring over their products for quite a while now, and the fit and finish are excellent. They offer a neat, clean organized skid unit, that really has no equal that I have found.

I wouldn't think twice about calling them up and having them build and ship me a skid - sight unseen - and know that I would be very satisfied when it arrived.

Clay has been very generous of his time, trading e-mails, pictures, and ideas with me over the past year or so. He has sent me numerous pictures of rig ups that are not available on the website, just for me to look at, and get my opinions. Man, oh, man... Some seriously NICE STUFF. I am very comfortable dealing with him.

Now, I do not usually indulge myself, and post up this type of testimonial, but times are tough, and I don't see why I can't spend a few minutes supporting a fellow forum member, and the company he works for.

Bob's deck is Top Shelf too - A work of Art.... I just don't wanna POLISH IT!!!
    Guess I bit off more than I could chew after having it polished in the first place. Glad I took lots of pics before the road salt left a grime.

well i would like to post more pictures but i'm in depate i'm either going to save money(unless some one can get me on a job) and build my own skid (which i have many different drawings for) buy my buddys steel deck from accuform in red deer. Or phone clay up and spend some money and build askid ( i like that idea have wanted to do it for some time) or get a deck built like cornerstones but with a few changes. i dunno but i will be sure to keep you all posted

has anyone herd from wicked at all havent seen him in for ever
    your only as good as # 2 cuz no matter how good you are there is always someone better"
    2006 DODGE Dualy Quad Cab
    PIPELINE IS THICKER THAN BLOOD!!!
    here is all the pictures of my rig www.cardomain.com/ride/2520047/1

Quote Originally Posted by lynx_welding View Post
    well i would like to post more pictures but i'm in depate i'm either going to save money(unless some one can get me on a job) and build my own skid (which i have many different drawings for) buy my buddys steel deck from accuform in red deer. Or phone clay up and spend some money and build askid ( i like that idea have wanted to do it for some time) or get a deck built like cornerstones but with a few changes. i dunno but i will be sure to keep you all posted

has anyone herd from wicked at all havent seen him in for ever
    Lynx- check the post, "anyone in Canada heard", he was there a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dmk welding View Post
    I meant to say that Cornerstone's aluminum deck is awesome...sorry Coalsmoke, your rig is also nice as well, haha. Too bad that you sold it, eh. I was reading some of your views on your life as a rig welder on your web page the other day...very good stuff by the way. You're right that it's a tough job that demands alot at times, but it must be something in our blood that makes us stand beside our rigs with such pride. Not everyone understands that feeling out there.
    I can't wait till it gets busy again!!!
    Hahaha DMK, you're breaking my heart here, way to let a guy go!!!

No worries, I read it the way you meant to say it, my deck was utilitarian, nothing really shiny or awesome about it. What is that lincoln on the back of your truck, it looks like a predecessor to the Vantage? Thanks for the words about that article. It's from the heart. Being rigged up is still in me, but if I do it again I'll probably be starting at a shop that will allow me to work towards my pressure certs and move out of BC. Or maybe I'll find an old mid 90's Dodge dually with a Cummins and in my spare time build up a nice shiny deck like Bob has got us all lusting after and just do some general work here and there. I guess we'll have to see what the gov't throws down the pipeline in terms of new certification legislation, but unfortunately I have this sinking feeling that the 10,000 hours I have accumulated won't mean squat when the new rules come into play, and its not a gamble I want to take right now until I see how it all plays out.

Boy Dan, that sure is a dirty truck I got to buy Bob a power polisher and now you a pressure washer. You guys are high maintenance

Here is my rig. Its been un-painted for 2 years now! I have made a few changes so it is more usable. I hate having a rack, but I need it too often to not have one. I have talked to a shop that paints utility trucks and they will- (1) sandblast the whole bed, (2) paint bed black, (3) bed liner the top deck area, (4) undercoat the bottom side for $1500-$2000. I feel like thats a great price. I just need to get time to finish the details up and tear it all down. I want to add a lip or rib to the bottom of the sides, any ideas? I'll try to take some more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eric, I think that's a good price. I spent close to $500 in supplies when I did mine. I don't follow with the lip on the bottom, do you mean like a trim piece to finish off the look of it deck under the cabinets and such?

It's an oldie but it still does the job
    Big Blue 400D
    Trailblazer 302
    Miller S-32 suitcase
    12VS suitcase
    Lincoln LN-7 (BIG suitcase)
    Victor torches
    Lincoln 350MP with 35' push-pull gun
    Lincoln PrecisionTIG 375
    Spectrum 1000 plasma cutter

What I mean is how some pipeliner beds will have a piece of small pipe running the perimeter of the bed and transition into the bumper. Utility beds have a half round "rib" pressed into the bottom some times too. I would like it for looks and a step too, since I put the 22.5 on its kinda high off the ground. Heres a crappy drawing.