Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lynx_welding View Post
    well i dunno how to put em here but click my thinger in my signature and it'll take you to old pics of my truck i'll have to up date

cornerstone deck in Nice Nice Nice who built it how much pm me let me know reall Nice
    Thanks Shane and check your pm.

Dang It Bob, you've been holding out on me, that is one of the nicest decks I have ever seen. All this rig talk has got me wanting to rig up again

coalsmoke i like your new deck. how do you get your metal to stay on your tailgate?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Thanks Coalsmoke! I've been wondering why I didn't switch to a deck long ago. And sorry, but I thought I had sent you pics of the new setup. Guess I've just been enjoying this deck so much, it totally evaded me. But really, it is that much more practical and conventional to operate with and I would strongly suggest to anyone still thinking of rigging up, to go this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerstone View Post
    Thanks Coalsmoke! I've been wondering why I didn't switch to a deck long ago. And sorry, but I thought I had sent you pics of the new setup. Guess I've just been enjoying this deck so much, it totally evaded me. But really, it is that much more practical and conventional to operate with and I would strongly suggest to anyone still thinking of rigging up, to go this way.
    Wow! nice rig Cornerstone!! I dont know if I can post my rig now I'll take some pictures today, I am like you Cornerstone I dont know how to make my pictures small enough to post, I did with my old welding trucks but cant remember how now
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Quote Originally Posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    Wow! nice rig Cornerstone!! I dont know if I can post my rig now I'll take some pictures today, I am like you Cornerstone I dont know how to make my pictures small enough to post, I did with my old welding trucks but cant remember how now
    Thanks Dan! I see your sitting today, thought you were playing with your torch on a sewer tank. "Match in the gas tank, boom boom!" from the movie,'What's eating Gilbert Grape?

Thanks Dan! I see your sitting today, thought you were playing with your torch on a sewer tank. "Match in the gas tank, boom boom!" from the movie,'What's eating Gilbert Grape?
    Ya I'll go and take alook at the job this afternoon then I'll take some pics and post them, I like looking at other guys rigs, see how and why they set it up the way they did!
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Quote Originally Posted by migwelder05 View Post
    coalsmoke i like your new deck. how do you get your metal to stay on your tailgate?
    Thank you. Its actually not attached to the tailgate. There are a couple of hinges that attach it to the welder slider.

No worries. I agree about the deck. Looking back on it the deck was the better setup. I would have liked to have stuck the reels in the driver side cabinet and had them locked up out of sight. Being a single wheeled truck though, it was just too heavy with the SA-200 and I didn't have the money to change trucks.

So, I guess I know what to get you for Christmas now, Flitz metal polish

Here's some pics of my rig Ol' Blue...she's a tank but she's reliable. My next rig is definitely going to be lighter. Coalsmoke, your deck is awesome! Nice set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images