Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Ken. We don't normally use salt here so maybe the zinc will last longer than 2 years.
    Jim

Don, very nice work on the railing, nice smooth welds. Can't imagine coming down icy steps anymore without one. I'm curious how bad she had to twist your arm to go buy that welder - lol.

My wife will not let me get one at least for a couple years since I just bought a new motorcycle. Thats a good thing, keeps the honey do list down and I have the welders in at work if I need to fix anything.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Quote Originally Posted by g6Racer View Post
    What filler did you use.
    ER70S-2 Triple-deoxidized wire

From page 50 of the Miller Gas Metal Arc Welding manual:

"(Deoxidizing helps remove oxygen from the weld, helping to reduce porosity and therefore weld defects.)...Because of the heavy deoxidation of this wire it can be used for welding rusty or dirty steels, with a possibliity of some sacrifice of weld quality depending upon the condition of the metal."

I grind and degrease the metal to clean it as well as I can, but sometimes it is difficult to clean the back side.

Miller Thunderbolt
    Smith Oxyacetylene Torch
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP-250 MIG Welder
    Clausing/Coldchester 15" Lathe
    16" DuAll Saw
    15" Drill Press
    7" x 9" Swivel Head Horizontal Band Saw
    20 Ton Arbor Press
    Bridgeport