Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Joey,,,,, first thing I'd do, if I had that trailer, is cut those cute little plates off the joints,,,,, see what, if anything, was under them.

And oh, yeah, but I'm sure you noticed, and not a huge big deal to fix,,,, pretty good dip on the Right rear corner ......

I am fixing that dip. Running new c channel the length of the trailer. I am trying to pull up this floor now. I hate when the floors are bolted down. I like it better when the wood sits under a piece of angle front and rear. All new gussets are going in. Down anyone know how to figure out the axle weight. This guy told me two 3500lb but I just wanna double check.

My axles tubes are 2 3/8" if that helps. From my research it looks like those are 3500lb.

Just pull the hubs off,,,,, either measure the spindles, or make note of the bearing numbers, and compare to any axle supplier's specs on-line.

Sorry, I am starting a new thread. It appears I hi-jacking this one...

And the wood, bolted to each crossmember,,,, does add something to the strength of the trailer,,,, keeps the crossmembers from rolling ...... Not a whole lot,,,,, but still significant.

dang hijackers!! lol

thats what i was thinkin was 5' strait, then turn in and down to the hitch and run triangle gussets probably a foot out from the corner. ill try to get a drawin in a little bit. the trailer frame is angle iron. i dont know how far back the axles are exactly theres probably 12' center of the axles to the front of the deck and the last 6' at the back
    MM 251
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    STARTS AND STRIPES BIG WINDOW ELITE