Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lock box

Just the first one I came across on a quick search. Looks like you will need a phone jack in the garage...easy enough with a Radio Shack or other telephone cord connection kit. Also, it would be a good idea to place your phone disconnect inside either the garage or house as well.

http://www.makophone.com/moacalwiaudi.html
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

i like it. thats a nice little system for under $50.
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2

Quote Originally Posted by vin-man welding View Post
    i like it. thats a nice little system for under $50.
    Actually, when I was looking I noticed it was going for another $10-$15 less in the ad I didn't click on.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    Now, pray-tell, where is the "common-folk" citizen suppose to get one of those, steal one? I'll do a "google search" for "Where to buy Municipal Traffic Lock Boxes."
    Sorry Davedarragh

Bad of me not to be specific. The ones that I have used came from the scrap steel bin with permission of course. I have a buddy that used one of the traffic signal boxes and if memory serves me correct it came from the DOT lot where they store supplies. He stopped by and ask someone in the yard if that large pile was good stuff or scrap. The guy that he talked to even helped him load it up and he was on his way. I'm sure not everyone has luck like that but everyone has friends that have friends and word of mouth is the best way to find something.

BTW sorry to stray off topic but just wanted to clarify the fact that I wasnt suggesting something that could not possibly be found and used.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoRoy View Post
    Just the first one I came across on a quick search. Looks like you will need a phone jack in the garage...easy enough with a Radio Shack or other telephone cord connection kit. Also, it would be a good idea to place your phone disconnect inside either the garage or house as well.

http://www.makophone.com/moacalwiaudi.html
    Thanks , I searched for an hour for such a device.I know something like this can also be used for a wireless phone. A customer of mine has automated ice houses set around town that you can buy bag or bulk ice from.If a malfunction arises a cell phone that is attached to a computer inside will call his phone to report the problem and depending on what the problem is he may be able to correct the problem over the phone.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Been doing some more searching and came across this. http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezS...productID=1177
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default My Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by tom37 View Post
    Sorry Davedarragh

Bad of me not to be specific. The ones that I have used came from the scrap steel bin with permission of course. I have a buddy that used one of the traffic signal boxes and if memory serves me correct it came from the DOT lot where they store supplies. He stopped by and ask someone in the yard if that large pile was good stuff or scrap. The guy that he talked to even helped him load it up and he was on his way. I'm sure not everyone has luck like that but everyone has friends that have friends and word of mouth is the best way to find something.

BTW sorry to stray off topic but just wanted to clarify the fact that I wasnt suggesting something that could not possibly be found and used.
    Tom37: Maybe it was just the way I read it. I'm sure they make great storage boxes, was a little unclear as to the public availability. (or if a City Official was to spot one at one's home).

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"