Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 1987-1995 Nissan Pathfinder Class III Receiver Hitch

Hello
    I am looking for drawings, or plans for a 1987-1995 Nissan Pathfinder Class III Receiver Hitch. I am currently stationed overseas and buying/shipping a receiver hitch over here is cost prohibitive. I would like to manufacture a hitch for my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. I would also like to manufacture a cargo carrier to attach to the tow hitch. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I move back to States in June and I need the hitch/cargo carrier for my drive from MD to TX.

Thanks

try google and copy style from any manufacturers pictures (Reese, drawtite)
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2

Question "Hitched"

hey volky: They go for about $130, would it be cheaper just to have one installed when you get back Stateside?

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    hey volky: They go for about $130, would it be cheaper just to have one installed when you get back Stateside?

Dave
    Indeed.

Pick one up at just about any Auto Parts store
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Indeed.

Pick one up at just about any Auto Parts store
    I only have about 24 hours in MD. So I do not have much time to waste once I get there. I have to report to my new duty station in TX in 4 days. I rather have everything ready to go, so all I have to do is pick up the truck from port and start my drive besides I wanted to fabricate it if at all possible.
    Thanks

Where in MD do you leave from?

Just curious
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

There's gotta be a Pathfinder forum that someone has made one that could probably help you out on the dimensions- but honestly there's not much to them- Hardest part is the Mounting brackets.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Assuming the vehicle is with you, should be easy enough to design it and build it in place,,,,,,, if not, you still gotta install it, seems easier and cheaper to just call ahead to the closest auto parts, have the part waiting for you when you get there, takes 20 minutes to put it on.