Default Resizing

Try this:

MS Paint: From Image menu, select Attributes
    http://images1.filecloud.com/557492/...Attributes.jpg

MS Photo Editor: Image menu, select Image Resize
    http://images.filecloud.com/557493/M...age_resize.jpg

Adobe Photoshop: Image menu, select Image Size
    http://images.filecloud.com/557494/A...Image_size.jpg

Most other programs should be very similar. Some of the software that comes with the cameras are even easier.

File size: If you want to change the file size (rather than the image size), try changing the resolution. You can go down to 72 pixels/inch without affecting the display quality that much. The higher resolution (300 pixel/inch) is mostly for photo quality prints.

Hope that helps.

Jon, thanks very much!!!!!
    bert,
    night now, gotta wake up at 4:30
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ka'a'awa, right before the elementary school.
    OK, I know where that is. Used to be one of my dad's favorite beaches to catch tako when he was alive. Well, he called it "snorkeling," me (at age 10) and my brother (age 5) used to call it "drowning."

my favoret thing about the resizer in power tpys is you can do loads of pic's at one time and the origenal is not tuched. also you dont have to open the pic to resize it. its a great program, easy to use, but i dont think its suposed to work with windows VISTA. but from what i have heard nothing works with VISTA anyway.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

There's also a program called Image Grabber that allows you to shrink a series of pictures and put them together on a grid in one single file. For example, I hope HMW doesn't mind, but I used Image Grabber to shrink his truck photos and arrange them in a 5-column grid (see attached).

I think the program was either free or darn close to free.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK now that is a cool program.
    any chance you could track down a source for me to get this thing ?? is it a download or a disk ?? could you e-mail me a copy of it ?? or is it a copy righted program ?? are you shore of the name "Image Grabber" ?? i am terrible at searches but could try a goggle search to find it if you don't have a link. thanks for any info you can give on it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Yes, it's called Image Grabber. I think it was either shareware or freeware, so you should be able to get it at www.tucows.com or www.downloads.com. Let me know if you can't find it.
    Last edited by jonnymag; 08-14-2007 at 06:44 PM.

thanks i'll look around for it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Question

it sounds more like some thing i can already doi with print screen and paint ??(see pic.) is what you did part of its softwear ?? they dont mention it ??
    http://www.download.com/Image-Grabbe...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Image Grabber 3.0.1
    Download Now (1.59MB) Tested spyware freeLicense:Free to try; $5.99 to buy Average User Rating: (out of 1 votes) Rate it! Downloads: 10,405 Requirements: Windows XP/Vista, Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Limitations: 30-day trial
    Date Added:May 11, 2007 Publisher's description of Image Grabber
    1of 1From GordoSoftware:
    Image Grabber screen capture software is designed for the user who needs a convenient and easy to use tool for capturing and manipulating snapshots of Windows screens. This program allows you to easily capture screen images from your favorite Internet WebPages, desktop applications or any other image that can be displayed on your computers screen. You can then save captured images to a clipboard and paste them into other applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, or you can save the captured image to a file (BMP, JPEG, GIF PNG, or TIFF) for later use. Cropping and resize features allow easy manipulation of images for final use.

ever thing i found under the serch semed to be about saving pic's from a web page ??

or did i find the wrong thing ??
    Last edited by fun4now; 08-14-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: add pic
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

With Image Grabber, you can (1) "grab" all photos in a directory, or (2) "grab" screen shots from a video, then arrange them together on one page. The user sets the number of columns, tile size, resolution, labels/no labels, etc., then the program creates the new page.

Attachments:
    Image_01 is screen shot of "File Save" page
    Image_02 is finished product

The one you found doesn't sound like it's the same. But since mine in Image Grabber II, and that one is Image Grabber 3, it could be an updated version with additional features. Let me see if I can still find a link to the one I have.
    Last edited by jonnymag; 08-14-2007 at 09:50 PM.