Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

a weighted box blade would actually do fairly well i believe, maybe even a dirt pan on the back just to weight down the back tires and then put a blade on the front. either way about it, you will need to put alot more weight on the drive axle for it to push or pull anything more than a "mower deck". i have seen people take 5 gallon buckets full of concrete or bigger like a 70# grease can full of concrete hang it of the back and push your heart out with a blade. i DO live in arkansas ok, lol
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

i LOVE that lawnmower!!! i've seen your pictures of it before, and what i REALLY think it needs is some chrome 2-into-4's out of each side of the hood, with a couple spark plugs 2" from the ends, and some new chrome rims with some Blackwater2000 4-wheeler tires in back and some Cragar "skinnys" up front!! Why screw up a good thing with a d*mned blade?!?!?!?!?

If you were close enough, I'd bring my 54hp John Deere over and move whatever you wanted with the front-end loader and then we'd get down to some serious Bud-time while designing a 4bbl stack and some kewl chromoly headers!!!!!!!!

Clint Baxley
    Baxley Welding Service
    Rembert, SC 29128

fun4now,

Nice water cart. How big is that water tank?

My brother is a herbicide/insecticide sprayer. Since he started to do some side jobs, he's been looking for a rig to tow his 20-gal tank around the jobsites either by hand or with a mule.

jonnymag fun4now,

i'm not shore the tank size i'll have to check tomorrow. if i had to guess i would say 15-20 ??

BWS29128 i LOVE that lawnmower!!! i've seen your pictures of it before, and what i REALLY think it needs is some chrome 2-into-4's out of each side of the hood, with a couple spark plugs 2" from the ends, and some new chrome rims with some Blackwater2000 4-wheeler tires in back and some Cragar "skinnys" up front!! Why screw up a good thing with a d*mned blade?!?!?!?!?

LOL you are not the first to say that. and i have considered side pipes for a wile now, almost added some fake ones just for looks, nice little 4 pack out each side.. i like the extra spark plugs in there though, would look cool at night.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

yeah I thought bout putting side pipes on it anda hood scoop

Inferno Forge

Chris

jonnymag fun4now,

its a 30 gal. tank.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    its a 30 gal. tank.
    Thanks, I'll show it to my brother and see what he thinks. Hopefully, he can find someone to build him one

Thumbs up

its probably way over built but it was all free steel so i just stuck some stuff together.
    if he was near me i would help him out, send him over if he is close.
    now i'm going to work on a kick stand to i can leave it with the hitch up like a boat trailer to just back up to. just have not worked out the way i want to do it yet(been playing stick) but i'll get it there. i need to be able to pull it on and off the mower wile its full so if i need the other wagon on the mower i don't have to lift the water trailer tung and pull it around. lifting is ok as its well balanced but pulling it around is not so easy.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

I think Northern sells them like that, but I woudl probably do like you did and just make it. Especially if you already have the tank.Nice job
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

TSC has them both ways with and without the trailer. about $90 difference between the 2. so i got the one without the trailer and just used my box trailer till i needed another option, then just made one out of scrap.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES